Thread: Hey there everyone!!!

Default Hey there everyone!!!

so im alittle new to the saber scene, and i just started customizing my MR vader saber...so far its just a prototype, something to learn on before i go and make a completely custom saber of my own creation...now this vader design im working on wont necessarily be the exact vader saber but its what im using as my starting point...

I plan on using the stock sound boards and clash/ swing sensors, but i want to convert it to the Vader's Vault OSPP, just because i absolutely love that color...

i will post up pics and my progress rises...

any tips or advise would be much appreciated

thanks alot- Jared

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Welcome to the Forums.

Enjoy your stay. Do LOTS of reading.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome. Check out LDM's conversion tutorials, they have lots of information.

Oh, and read all the stickies too, that'll help in your quest.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

thanks guys! this isnt my first forum, i know all out sticky threads and all that lol, i actually was reading up on those before i even signed up...i signed up though incase i run into problems and need help lolz

Sounds as if you've already got a project started.. you probably CANT color match the VV purple with your current set up (your going to need some potentiometer's as well as a multi-die rgb led).. but give it enough research you can find out how to.. "emulate" those famous purples.. dont forget about LDM's TRUpurple ... You said it, read read read.. (its ALL here.. and 98.995% is in the stickies). I hope that helps, and I cant wait to see how this turns out (purple vader=cool in my book hehe)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gin Malinko View Post
    just an added note on this.
    I vote dgdve as the site's motivational speaker. haha
    "Yes Lord Vader, and I too have a gift... for you.."

"There is no good or evil, no black or white.. There is only.. Perspective"

Board Lurker

hello
    Darth Ares

Board Lurker

May The Force Be With You
    Darth Ares

you need to use the edit function and not double post

Quote Originally Posted by dgdve View Post
    Sounds as if you've already got a project started.. you probably CANT color match the VV purple with your current set up (your going to need some potentiometer's as well as a multi-die rgb led).. but give it enough research you can find out how to.. "emulate" those famous purples.. dont forget about LDM's TRUpurple ... You said it, read read read.. (its ALL here.. and 98.995% is in the stickies). I hope that helps, and I cant wait to see how this turns out (purple vader=cool in my book hehe)
    yeah i kind of figured it would be alittle difficult to replicate that color...so i decided just to go with the TCSS luxeon rebel star in an amber color, since in my project, my hilt is gonna look weathered and rustic (not so much a steam punk design but kind of that general color scheme) if i really want the OSPP ill probably just hit up Vader's vault LOL