Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What is this? Could it be a thin necked ROTJ? It is the MKVI "Hero" Number 1

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Thumbs up What is this? Could it be a thin necked ROTJ? It is the MKVI "Hero" Number 1

The MK VI Project- MK VI Number 1

The Most common request I get as a Saber Smith is, "Can you make me a 'thin-necked' Luke/Obi?" We all know that Parks makes a wonderful thin-necked Obi (the MK III), but there has never been a professionally produced thin-necked ROTJ...until now. LDM Custom Sabers in conjunction with Orbital Machining are proud to present the MK VI Hero. This is the first of the "Product" line. It is not a 'run' per se, but it is a saber that will be available in limited quantities. First,it is a beautifully CNC machined aluminum hilt with real copper neck and box trim piece. The Emitter holds a 7/8" blade @ 1.2" depth. It is a fully threaded hilt, but not MHS-compatible. The ROTJ 'Box' has the classic red and green triangle LEDs, trim screws and switch 'cubes'. The MK VI is the "Hero" version of the ROTJ saber so the ribbed section is not uneven, but does have the accurate number of ribs. The dimensions for this hilt were taken from the original Hero prop (with the exception of any adjustments absolutely needed to make them 'electronics ready'. So, sit back and enjoy the first ever MK VI Hero.

Particaulars:

MK VI Hilt with real copper accents and neck
    Petit Crouton-U v1.5 w/Madcow's Hero
    P4 green
    HO speaker
    7.4V Li-ion w/recharge in pommel
    Functional triangle LEDs in box
    7/8" BH
    Pastor Jedi Hero card
    TFX Triangle Hero D-ring

The BMT:

The Glams:

Detail Pix:

Finally, I thought everyone would enjoy a "comparison" shot with some popular sabers the we all know (MK III, MR ROTJ, MHS-ROTJ, Arc Wave):

All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

The first time I saw the picture I thought it was a conversion of a Master Replica Elite Edition Luke lightsaber!
    Ok, I'm beginning to save money
    Fantastic work, as always!
    It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life.
    [Jean-Luc Picard]

Very nice!
    Yub Yub Commander.

Mmm, smexy.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Very nice. 9/10... You lose one point because it's not mine... Yet!
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by bk_renesis View Post
    Very nice. 9/10... You lose one point because it's not mine... Yet!
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

that is frickin epic beyond words!

love it
    ...YUP!

Very nice. Hope it can be upgraded to a Petit Crouton board with the Light Meat font. Would be perfect for your Luke lightsaber.