Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: PLI (power level indicator)

Ok so... uh... is there a way we can talk about the PLI now?
    Just assuming it's NOT powering the saber and I just want to hook up a few radio-shack cheapo LED's and a PLI to a protected 3.6V Li-Ion battery like the ones sold in the store, I'd need to get a 75k or 82K ohm resistor, clip it and put it where the other resistors would normally go. Then if I were to line it up like: Battery - switch - PLI - accent LED's, it would all come on at once when I hit the switch and power meter it would be relatively accurate. Correct? Because that's all I need to know.
    Last edited by Big_Furry_Oaf; 04-23-2011 at 09:31 PM.

That's what I was trying to convey Az. They are rated for 1 amp continuous max but I don't recommend pushing them to the edge like that.

You will have to play around with the PLI I have never seen one used for a single battery setup.
    Last edited by Sunrider; 04-23-2011 at 09:33 PM.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Furry_Oaf View Post
    Ok so... uh... is there a way we can talk about the PLI now?
    Just assuming it's NOT powering the saber and I just want to hook up a few radio-shack cheapo LED's and a PLI to a protected 3.6V Li-Ion battery like the ones sold in the store, I'd need to get a 75k or 82K ohm resistor, clip it and put it where the other resistors would normally go. Then if I were to line it up like: Battery - switch - PLI - accent LED's, it would all come on at once when I hit the switch and power meter it would be relatively accurate. Correct? Because that's all I need to know.
    yes, that sounds like it'll work fine if you're wiring everything off of the switch in series and the load is relatively low.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    That's what I was trying to convey Az. They are rated for 1 amp continuous max but I don't recommend pushing them to the edge like that.
    thank you, but there's been a lot of misinformation and i wanted to help you get the correct info out there a little more.

also everyone, please don't get offended at my tone today. i don't mean any disrespect or anything like that. i just want you all to be safe and not lose any fingers or facial features. oh or any sleep over why your batteries keep cutting out...
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Thanks, Azmaria.
    I'm sticking to my power source for MY saber, simply because I don't have room for another. For my girlfriend, however, I really think I'm going to go a different route now. If I blow my fingers off or if something explodes in my face, I deserve it for taking the chance. She doesn't.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

oh and make sure you have a compatible charger if you are using 3.6V batteries.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

I've cracked the resistor problem! I think....
    To calculate the resistor for 3.6v I need to know the value of the other resistor, and to find that out I need to know the current running to the LEDs.

Then with a lot of help with my shockingly bad math I might be able to work it out.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent