Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Silent Redemption by Azmaria

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

Default Silent Redemption by Azmaria

Silent Redemption

This is little more than a prototype to me since everything is just a hair misaligned on the shroud. If I didn't tell you that you might not have noticed it though, since it's so minor. Well, here's presenting Silent Redemption, my Derelict Inspired Graflex-ish Saber (DIGS). It tastes like a colorful combination of licorice, bad fudge, and aluminum foil left on the hood of your car that you left parked in the desert for a year. The reason it's named 'Silent' Redemption is because no matter what i've done so far, the bloody thing isn't that loud. Wade found some nice tiny 18mm speakers that I should be able to fit in her a bit better, so maybe she won't be so silent later on. Some of the finer points were pointed out by Slothfurnace as well, such as the angles on the grips and the chamfering on the crystal chamber. Oh, and this presentation layout is kinda inspired by LDM as well. ^_^ Anyway, on to the specs and pictures!!!

PC-L Lightmeat with colorful wiring ^_^
    Crystal Chamber with really fine mesh protecting it
    3.7V 18500 Li-Ion - held in with heatshrink
    LED to pommel insert full saber chassis
    In-hilt recharge
    'Custom' weathering (what a joke... most of it was accidental...)
    3 accent LEDs - 2 in the CC and 1 in the AV
    5W dental blue LEDengin - perfect for those late night raves!
    Currently a premium speaker and resonance box - this is getting replaced though

Old Pictures

New Pictures - yes i already rebuilt it

Last edited by Azmaria Dei; 04-15-2011 at 09:17 AM. Reason: added rebuild pics
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Sweet saber Azmaria, very appealing to the eye.
    'Custome Weathering', gives it that been used appeal, not some brand new off the shelf look.
    Are you going to upload it to youtube, (maybe after the new speaker goes in ;] ).
    Whats that around the cradel, heat shrink? good idea. Gives me ideas... =]
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight

yeah once i get the sound level the way i want it, i'll upload a video. and yeah that's heatshrink. ^_^

Most impressive... I really like it, I really do... Would love to see it in action at a rave!!! Daaaaamn it's been a looooong time since I've been to one of those. (I'm 32 now)

It looks like it wants to be a roughened up a little more. Weather it a little more, not accidentally this time!

Great job Az, Awaiting video.
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

I REALLY like the style of this one or at least where it's going. I'm a little confused as to where your speaker is and the trouble with sound. Normally those ribbed sections with overlays make for great sound venting. If your recharge post wasn't attached to a chassis and the pommel insert clipped in the pommel you could use a regular TCSS speaker at eh end of the chassis and make sure you have plenty of room for sound to travel up the hilt. I'm really surprised at how sound will resonate through an area nearly blocked with delrin although resonance in hilts can be full of surprises.

Edit: I elaborated in the chatroom.
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 04-15-2011 at 08:52 AM.

Blog Entries

You know how I feel about your work, this one is no exception. I love the balance of the aesthetics. It is elegant yet rough at the same time. You could easily swap the soundfont and LEDs to red and this would work as a Sith piece to me. Keep up the amazing work and I will make sure I take enough breaks from work and school to swing by and be astounded.

Great functional design and it oozes "jedi" I really like this saber Az.
    }---------------{
    ]-----------------"Fullmerge Benzin"----------------------------------------:Beware of the dark side:--------------------------------------- "Fierfek"--------------------------------[

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight

thanks CC! i've already torn it apart and rebuilt it! ^_^