Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New saber design feedback

Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Padawan

Looks good. I'd say Flat or Wrinkle Black and Polished, Clear PC for the overlay. I' would think grooves, either etched or pressed in, on the underside to carry through the look of the ribbed section. If not, then I'd say it's a go anyway.

With regards to the greeblies; Recharge Port opposite the Activation Switch? If the Blade Retention Screw is where Crystal thinks it is (I interpret it as such too), it will have to be moved to the Blade Holder. It looks like you have a Guarded Switch near the hilt, 90 degrees from the Cover Tec Knob. If so, is it there for more than asthetics? It looks like you only have 2 Button Head Allen Screw on the overlay parts from what I can tell. You might want to add a few more to ensure security of the pieces.

Other than that...Enjoy the build!

Knowledge must be balanced by Practice.
    Practice must be balanced by Experience.
    Through Knowledge, Practice, and Experience
    we gain Wisdom.

-Boj-Vaati Mau
    Jedi Sentinel, Jar'Kai practitioner,
    and Instctor at Strafe Plains Temple

Saber Guild: Strafe Plains Temple
    The Rebel Legion

Thanks for all the comments everyone!
    I'm starting to collect the parts for the build, but work has been kicking my butt so I've not moved along very far as yet. Next thing on the list, after fixing up the wiring diagram, is figuring out how to caddy the innards so it'll withstand battles.

Some responses;

Hehe, I did go a little crazy with the Aurebesh . It all says silly things like "noise comes from here" etc

The thumb screw in the choke is just blade length decoration. I'm hoping the top sheath screw can double as blade retention. Unless it's on the wrong side for proper security? Which I think it might be. I could put another underneath or flip the holder over, but I kinda like the lines it makes this way up.
    There's few screws because I was hoping the switches and belt clip would do some decent holding. If in your experience that doesn't work I'll look in to some more screw locations...

This design is a little longer than my first at 13 inches, but I think It may indeed by tight on the parts. The challenge is on…

I'm thinking I'll take the polishing advice and then go with flat black to help that pop. Which polish to use, another thread down the line.

The overall design comes from my general RP style. I like to play the Paragon character that has great idealist intentions, but generally finds himself in grey situations. Much like playing a Paragon in Mass Effect 2, but still kicking that guy out the window. I thought it'd be nice to have a sleek polished shroud, asymmetrically rounded and gentle on one side, then more aggressive on the other to visualize that idea.
    As you can tell I tend to super over think these things

I'm hoping I can pull it off too! I have a nice Dremel setup and although I've not done much in the last 7 or so years, I did model an awful lot in my younger years. Hoping I still have the steady hand