Thread: This guy needs our help

Default This guy needs our help

He's trying to build a FULLY FUNCTIONAL At-At.

http://atatforamerica.tumblr.com/

A functional one may be... too much. A stationary one may not be SO hard. It would be like a barn on stilts.
    I hope this gets made.

It's been done before to scale.

Are they trying to make a 1:1 for it to get all this hype?
    Corbin_Das: If I got a tattoo below my waist, it'd say "Found someone you have I would say, hmmmm?"

LOL, awesome
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

I remember another such ambitious project,to create a 100% to scale Millennium Falcon.Not sure how that turned out though, and of course it wasn't functional

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by Skottsaber View Post
    I remember another such ambitious project,to create a 100% to scale Millennium Falcon.Not sure how that turned out though, and of course it wasn't functional
    I wouldn't say 'of course.' Were I to build a full scale Millennium Falcon, it'd make .5 past light speed.
    Last edited by Outside Enemy; 04-18-2011 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skottsaber View Post
    Haha i have a Fine Molds 1/72 Millennium Falcon sitting here i need to work on
    Corbin_Das: If I got a tattoo below my waist, it'd say "Found someone you have I would say, hmmmm?"

Looks like he's been issued a C.A.D. from Lucasfilm. I doubt he would have gotten very far anyway, but it's unfortunate that he couldn't even try.

Quote Originally Posted by TimeRender View Post
    Looks like he's been issued a C.A.D. from Lucasfilm. I doubt he would have gotten very far anyway, but it's unfortunate that he couldn't even try.
    LOL!!!

I'm sorry to laugh but this guy was really clueless and unorganized. But hey, at least his heart is in a good place

Yeah, he kinda had me scratching my head... He didn't really bring any skills to the table. Maybe if he had been an engineer or something I might have understood. Still, with the right help I'm sure he could have managed a decent static scale replica. Oh well, just one more nerd crushed under the wheel of Lucasfilms.