Thread: momentary switch?????

Default momentary switch?????

please explain the diff from the momeentay and latching switch. In my secont build I plain on using box style 1 and want to put a tiny switch in it and recomindations? thanks

A latching switch is a switch that maintains its state after being activated. A push-to-make, push-to-break switch would therefore be a latching switch - each time you actuate it, whichever state the switch is left in will persist until the switch is actuated again (So when you press it down it stays down, keeping contact). A momentary switch only makes contact for a moment and then it returns to it's normal state.

I use a latching switch when I make soundless "stunt sabers". But if I'm using a sound card like the Obi-wan 2010, it requires a momentary switch (some soundboards can use either latching or momentary).

As for Box#1 I haven't used it personally but most the sabers I've seen that use that, place a small switch (latching or momentary depending on their wiring) and then cover the switch with a "card", bubble strip, or something else. (I couldn't personally recommend one, depends on your wiring, and what look/feel you want, more details would help)
    Last edited by Tahm; 04-10-2011 at 09:56 AM.
    Some may leave The Jedi Order; but few leave it alone.

well that stinks, I got a latching switch for my obi board I didnt know you needed a momentary switch ughhhh, I dont feel like waiting a week to get a new switch and ideas where to get one at? I ordered the the gaurded hole. thanks

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

they're in the store. other than that and telling you to check the uselessness that is now radio shack, we can't link to stores off site that sell similar things out of respect to Tim. sorry. ^_^
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

will it just not turn on if i use the latching switch?

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

you 'll have to hit the button twice to 'simulate' that it's a momentary.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

like on/off for on and on/off for off? no prob a livable mistake lol

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

A work around that you can do is to barely press the switch (enough for it to make contact but not enough for it to latch) and you can make it act like a momentary switch. I have had to do that on several occasions when I was waiting on switches. Like I said, just barely press the switch and let go real quick and the board should activate, just do it again and the board will turn off. I hope this little trick help you.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hey, it sounds like you have the same questions I did a while ago...

Take a gander at this thread, it should help.
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...-more-Switches
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...