Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New guy getting ready to start first MHS

I really prefer more of an emerald green to the greenish-cyan colors. Would the P4 kit from the store be a good way to go & then just replace the switch & wire in sound or would I need a more custom set-up.

Oh... Thanks, Tahm. Pommels 4 & 8 look nice too... Clearly I'll have to think about the pommel for a bit longer.
    Last edited by stegasp; 04-09-2011 at 11:27 PM.

Also, it's a small thing, but if you added a covertec wheel to this saber design it would help distinguish it a little from Luke's saber, but it's probably a difference only saber buffs would notice . Out of all the designs you've posted I like the original pommel 7 best. It's also an awesome pommel that is comfortable and looks good with that style of main body. Whatever you choose just remember to be sure before you spend your money.
    Some may leave The Jedi Order; but few leave it alone.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

yeah that would work pretty much. think long and hard about your sound setup and wiring though. alkalines or rechargable. if rechargable, NiMH or Li-Ion. in-hilt recharge or not. etc, etc, etc...

personally, going econo sound, to keep it simple i would recommend a 4x AAA pack with NiMHs and forget the recharge port for now. put one of those in later once you get a bit more practice.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Tahm, I do plan on using a covertec wheel on this design. I already have a couple of "reject" sink-tube sabers that I parted out several years ago, so I have a few extra covertec wheels.

Azmaria, I have been planning on using the 4x AAA pack for power w/the econo sound. Rechargeable seems a bit too intimidating the first time out.

As far as the pommel goes, based on my opinion & the feedback I've been getting, I'm now thinking either pommel 1, pommel 3v1 or pommel 7. I really do like every version I've posted, but I need to narrow it down & I think these three fit the style the best.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight

it looks like you have a good solid plan then. ^_^ i look forward to seeing which pommel you pick. (and definitely hope that you use NiMHs in that 4x AAA pack)

Thanks again for all of the help! Oh... and I don't have a fortune to spend on AAA batteries, so rechargeable NIMH is definitely the way I'm going with that... hahaha!

As far as the pommels go, I'm thinking 1 or 7 to move it farther away from the ROTJ Luke design.

So, with this design (and whatever pommel I choose, ha), I'm going to use a covertec wheel, the nickel-plated AV switch, econo sound (whichever I can get my hands on) & the green P4 kit from the store. If there are any problems with this set-up, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight

remember to use heatshrink and NEVER break the cardinal rule - NEVER use electrical tape.

Looks cool, cant wait to see it all together, know what you mean by sound, I like the Crouton myself.

If you do get your parts powdercoated by Tim he'll only be able to do part of what you want for your Pommel 3v1. He can only clear the tops of the knobs/bumps of the pommel not the sides. That's what he told me when I asked him about something similar for the saber that I'm building. My order is in the international postal system at the moment but here is something similar that Jay-gon Jinn did that shows what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    MPS pommel style 3v1 in Super Wet Black custom style:

MPS pommel style 3v2 in Super Wet Black in custom style:

Last edited by Jacen Solo; 04-10-2011 at 10:02 AM.

Thanks for the heads up Jacen! I actually have some experience painting & curing aluminum, so I planned on doing that part myself. I'm just about ready to get the build started. I just need to make a decision on the pommel. As I mentioned earlier, I'm leaning toward pommel #1 or #7.