Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: starkiller help please.

Thanks guys but I have ran into another problem... If my recharge port is flush with the mhs piece will it still recharge / kill key work of it's not flush with the mhs sleeve??? I put the chamber in a chassis but am confused as to where to put my speaker and recharge port. I will post a pic of it later today so idk. I made the chassis long just in case so I can cut it to length when need be. You know how the crystal chamber is exposed in the Starkiller hilt well I plan on making it to where when
    I take mhs sleeve off you can see the chassis and internals... I wanted the put the recharge port in the pommel but I'm don't know how to mount it flush... I don't know next Friday I will order all my parts so I guess I'll just have to see

Heres the pic please give good advice, anything is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Gregorybear1986; 04-27-2011 at 10:29 AM. Reason: added pic

That chassis is HUGE. Building a chassis before you have parts is not advisable. If you want to put the recharge port in the pommel, use this pommel insert: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MP...le-6-P263.aspx. It will be flush with the insert when you screw it in.

I see makes sense. The pommel
    Will be custom and probably held on with set screws. Because I will be using mhs sleeve and I'll need to find a cap to go over the mhs sleeve

Or you could use this pommel: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MP...le-1-P175.aspx. It fits with a Starkiller build.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Wow, that's a long chassis. No way that's going to fit into a normal length saber as it is, it looks like it's at least twice as long as it should be. How long is it?

Your crystal chamber alone is already long, because of the long crystal you used.

In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

It's the proper length at about the second-last washer from the pommel end, for an average starkiller.
    I like the way your crystal chamber looks, personally I would have got a bit shorter crystal, but if you like the design, go for it.

I recommend the MPS #10, with the first ring of the pommel machined off.

Good luck on your build!

I like the comments the crystal chamber is about 2 inches long the threaded rods are 12 inches I will cut them down the right size. This was my plan. Use blade holder one of course. A 10 inch double female tube with Hilt style grooves machined half way down. And the sleeve for the emitter over lay and another over lay for the grip area. That's why I'm having trouble with the pommel area...

I seen pommel 10 I think that will work.
    Last edited by Gregorybear1986; 04-27-2011 at 11:56 AM.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Or you could look around at other sabers with crystal chassis to get ideas (which is, after all why some of us take the time to post so many pictures ) Gale comes to mind...since I put the recharge port in the pommel with all of my chassis...Also the one Darth Midian posted is great.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

They look nice I wanted to do something like that where I could remove the grip to see the chassis but I'm just going to Dona cut out to see I I don't plan on dueling with it persay

Wow I messed that up lol, I'm going to cut out a window under the sleeve to see the internals. I'm not fueling with it so it's ok
    Last edited by Gregorybear1986; 04-27-2011 at 05:46 PM.