Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: starkiller help please.

Default starkiller help please.

Ok I am wanting to build a starkiller blad from TFU 1. It will be my second build and plan on taking my sweet time on it. I have seen pictures of it and people who have made it, but... I want to makre it and not buy it. I need help and Ideas for it weather its from MHS parts or hardware store parts. I know I will need a dremal parts and im cool with that but any help would be great. and sorry if this topic is in the wrong area.Thanks

This is the right section

Firstly, you could try looking at what is in the store, and seeing what you can mix and match to make it, use some reference photos to identify components.
    Also, there is somebody currently building a starkiller saber on FX-Sabers right now, so you might be able to get some ideas from his thread.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

I think I have a Idea for the hilt, but still stumped on the pummel... and the biggest challenge would be the crystal chamber ugh... Im not good at finding small parts or crystals like that Im stumped lol My first build was about 200 bucks, so im estimating this one around 300 but its no big deal just want to take my time with it...dang chambers.

The pommel is pretty simple. Just use a style one. Getting a sloped pommel like the Vader's Vault version would be really hard without a lathe, so most go with a simple flat pommel.
    As for crystals, there are acrylic ones in the store, or you could try to find a local crystal store for a quartz crystal.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

true i will look for a crystal or stained glass store, any Idea on where to look for a basic chamber build? like mounting and stuff.

i'm building one myself actually. but it's going extremely slowly. as stated in the thread, i have a 9 month old daughter who takes up quite a bit of my time. plus i'm addicted to Call of Duty. that doesn't help either. HAHAHAHHA.
    i plan on taking on the bunny ears, pommel and black strips on the hand grip next.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...en-Marek-style

Roland has made a nice one. I would study his design.

http://ro-lightsaber.blogspot.com/20...ightsaber.html

the outside is nice and doable ive got a idea of parts I need for the hilt, but that crystal chamber is to complex lol RO does nice work though. I need basic chamber photos or tutorials. thank you all so far for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    Roland has made a nice one. I would study his design.

http://ro-lightsaber.blogspot.com/20...ightsaber.html
    yeah, that's actually what i linked in the thread that i linked to, lol.
    that's what i'm using as my model. especially because he has such high resolution photos of his design.

you guys are great, ghost and i deals on the crystal chamber, I was thinking some small copper tube 2 washers and a small air hose you conector, and the crystal of course.