Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: starkiller help please.

I think Tim's chassis disc's (painted) could make a good base for your chamber.. most starkiller type chambers seem to have the crystal fixed in one side(with an led under it) with a piece of copper/brass pipe up to the other end (not my fav design) but I'm guessing its game accurate (sry I'm old I never played the games). sooo I'd start there.. look around the store. I'm sure a great starkiller saber could be made 100% tcss
    Quote Originally Posted by Gin Malinko View Post
    just an added note on this.
    I vote dgdve as the site's motivational speaker. haha
    "Yes Lord Vader, and I too have a gift... for you.."

"There is no good or evil, no black or white.. There is only.. Perspective"

it will be 100 tcss except for the bunny ears, knobs, and pummel, they will be custom by me.

Ok so I got my drawing made up. The box style one will be perfect and all I need to know is, will the covertec clip fit the mhs sleeve

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

it'll have a tiny gap in the centermost part of the curve. it's pretty close that you might not notice it though.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gregorybear1986 View Post
    Ok so I got my drawing made up. The box style one will be perfect and all I need to know is, will the covertec clip fit the mhs sleeve
    Quote Originally Posted by Azmaria Dei View Post
    it'll have a tiny gap in the centermost part of the curve. it's pretty close that you might not notice it though.
    If the fit bothers you, you can always take a piece of sandpaper and lay it over a piece of sleeve tubing, grit side up, and run the Covertec button (not the clip ) over it, up and down the tube, till you get the curvature to match. You won't see that part against the hilt, since you'll end up removing some of the anodizing on the black ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregorybear1986 View Post
    ok awesome, how about the rubber grips?
    If you're going for an accurate, or semi accurate Starkiller hilt, there's no rubber grips on it, they are more like plastic or metal bars.

But if you're set on using rubber grips, I don't imagine there will be a problem, since rubber is flexible.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

i will ruse rubber grips and cut them if need be because of metal is to slippery.
    how do i add pics? I got a crystal I want to show... but I cant add ther pic. wtf help sorry off topic

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Read this thread:
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ost%20pictures

That's an old thread, but the info still pertains. Though now you can re-size photos right on Photobucket. Keep your pictures at 800 x 600 or smaller.

You can now also add attachments right from your computer. Click on the Insert Image button and see your 2 options for posting pictures.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

figured this crystal would be good.
    Last edited by Gregorybear1986; 04-19-2011 at 11:41 AM.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

You know, if you had Tim do some custom work for you on a Choke1 you could get a respectable crystal chamber that would still be strong, and covered by the shroud on the top side wouldn't look half bad either. Like this one we did a while back:

Or this one:

Last edited by FenderBender; 04-19-2011 at 03:56 PM.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS