Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Petit Crouton wiring

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yes, on a single speaker this small, polarity doesn't really matter.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

so if you are using an alluminated switch you would need to run the led in the switch to the accent led pad?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Scorn View Post
    so if you are using an alluminated switch you would need to run the led in the switch to the accent led pad?
    That depends. There is a 3.3V pad that you can use to light your illuminated switch when the kill key is pulled from the recharge port. Or, you can use one of the accent pads, which could make it 'pulse' when the board is idle, and then be configurable to either flicker or be steady on when the saber is 'on'. It depends what you want it to do. Take some time while you wait for the parts from TCSS to arrive and read the entire PC-L user guide.

cool it should be here this thursday just gotta print the manual

Thank you all for the answers! Well, the saber is already build and it is fully working... But it uses a guarded style switch (this was the first time I used a PC-L so I decided to begin with a basic setup). I also took a lot of photos during the building, so I'll post a thread into the A to Z building section
    I'm now planning a saber that will use an illuminated AV switch with a PVC chassis in Madcow style This will probably use a Red LED... My first sith saber!
    It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life.
    [Jean-Luc Picard]

Does the battery pack need anything extra to regulate it recharging or does the PC-L take care of all that?

Li-ion battery packs will still need an appropriate PCB such as http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/PC...acks-P482.aspx

The PC-L doesn't regulate recharging.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Hmm, ok.

I bought some batteries that say they are protected "TrustFire 18650 2500mAh Li-ion Protected Battery
    Sealed Pack of 2 Batteries" do you think this will be sufficient? or will I still need to put a PCB in the sabre?

Thanks in advance.

Yes that will be fine as long as you pre-charge the batteries before you build your pack...

KI-ADI-MUNDI on FX-SABERS.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shimo Zura View Post
    Hmm, ok.

I bought some batteries that say they are protected "TrustFire 18650 2500mAh Li-ion Protected Battery
    Sealed Pack of 2 Batteries" do you think this will be sufficient? or will I still need to put a PCB in the sabre?

Thanks in advance.
    No, actually you will not need a protection pcb with batteries that are already protected.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.