Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Darth Nihl WIP

Default Darth Nihl WIP

Here is a project I've been planning since the summer. A pvc version & my take of Darth Nihl's saber. Now that I have things caught up I can work on it. The hilt is 34" long. This thing is going to be cool when its finished.
    Here is the image of the saber that I'm using as a reference.

All my parts cut out

All my parts fitted

Organic looking overlay roughed out. I still have a lot of filing, sanding & shaping to do on those.

Parts fitted, I'll say right side.

Left side

Close up of top front

Top back

Bottom

Colse up of bottom front

Bottom back

Man that is one ugly looking hilt.

I mean that in a good way as the hilt in the painting is also very ugly. Good job on replicating it in PVC. Do you plan on using epoxy sculp on this one?

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

wow very cool, I think that will be fun to swing around too. neat. What sorts of internals are you going to use?
    -AV
    Last edited by Aradian Valentine; 04-07-2011 at 09:42 AM.

Awesome project DM - looks good so far.
    Yub Yub Commander.

Thanks guys. I'm planning on using propoxy 20 to sculp out the loop & build the overlays up a little. As for the internals, I'm planning on using a LuxIII red orange led. I already have it, resistor, pnp transistor, Obi wan 2010 econo board, TCSS speaker & red ring illuminated switch. Im going to power it with an 18650 & install a recharge port.

Nice, I keep thinking about how much fun that will be to operate, Should make for some fun dueling.
    -AV

Quote Originally Posted by Aradian Valentine View Post
    Nice, I keep thinking about how much fun that will be to operate, Should make for some fun dueling.
    -AV
    It should be fun. My buddy is really looking forward to it being completed. Ever since I told him that I was planning it, he's been asking about it. Ya, I can't wait to get it done.

I'll bet hes looking forward to it! It reminds me of a saber I did awhile back with a 40 inch blade intended for reverse grip fighting style and it was a blast to duel with. If you don't mind post some follow up after your friend gets his hands on it.
    -AV

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

What race was Darth Nihl? With his pointy ears and teeth and red eyes, with that armor, me reminds me of an Orc.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    What race was Darth Nihl? With his pointy ears and teeth and red eyes, with that armor, me reminds me of an Orc.
    He is Nagai. They look kinda like goblins.
    Formerly known as Polarcupz

"I think, therefore I am. I destroy, therefore I endure."