Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Windu's Fury

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Smile Windu's Fury

Windu's Fury

This is a project that started over 6 months ago. It is a full custom that I knew from the very start would test my cram-fu to it's limits. This hilt has every feature available on the venerable CFv4.31. Starting out, she had to be a spiritual sibling to the Windu saber made by Arm on Fire and the many beautiful Windu hybrids created by Vader's Vault. It is not meant to copy any of these works, nor is it meant to be Mace Windu's saber...just a "Windu-ish" saber. The Main LED is tuned to OSPP as an homage to the Vault (rather than my usual shade of TruPurple). This was done to match Nightstorm's request for a more "violet" blade and chamber. Speaking of the chamber, the beautiful quartz point is back lit by (2) 5mm LEDs and is visible through milled slots in the grip section. The Clash is a mixture of the green and white dice running in parallel and makes for a bright white flash. The colors on the hilt itself are all Powder coat. The trans gold is double layered and the black is what I call MKVI black. A clear coat covers the whole thing. The bargraph is made of (4) 3mm HO LEDs and has a nice little chase sequence. The Aux switch is fully custom machined in brass and is next to a red 3mm low power indicator. CF accessibility is simple by simply removing the pommel. The 2.1mm recharge port is located in a custom switch plate along with a brass AV switch. The crystal chamber is part of a full chassis which contains a rumble motor, the Power extender, the CF, reverse sound assembly and battery pack (even though the only visible part of it is the chamber). To top it off is a very low profile brass kill key. Fonts include two customized (by Nightstorm) versions of shatterpoint by Madcow. The first is simply a massaged version (to fit his taste) while the second is a combination of Shatterpoint and Vapaad by Eastern57.

Particulars:

Fully custom MHS compatible "Windu's Fury" hilt
    Crystal Focus Saber Core v4.31
    Fonts: Shatterpoint, Ep II, Windu's Fury, Novastar, Ancient Saber, Phoenix Sword
    LEDengin 10W RGBW tuned to OSPP
    FoC via Plecterlabs Power extender
    Quartz Crystal chamber
    Full Chassis
    7.4V Li-ion battery solution
    Custom Aux switch
    (2) 5mm Makotosai purple LED chamber & Crystal Pommel
    Reverse sound
    Rumble motor
    RPGB 3mm Bargraph
    Low power indicator
    Trans Gold, MKVI Black and Clear Powder coat
    Brass CT wheel
    Low profile brass kill key
    I think that is all...

This is where we started:

Then we progressed to this:

Build process:

I am proud to present Windu's Fury:

The BMT:

The Glams:

All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

That's just absolutely, ridiculously, one awesome saber mate. The pommel and the control boxes take the cake. The blade is freaking bright and the FoC color mix really stands out. Awesome, just awesome.

Edit: forgot to mention the exposed CC in the grip... Bloody unreal!!!
    Last edited by bk_renesis; 04-04-2011 at 12:55 AM.
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

stunningly beautiful!
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Thumbs up

Bravo!!!

That is a ridiculously faptastic!!!!

Very nicely played sir!
    Last edited by cannibal869; 04-03-2011 at 10:16 PM.
    LOCKHEED

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Thanks everyone.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Unreal, LDM!! I love your work!!

really nice work LDM ....it is a beautiful work of art .....

Nice! Blows Mace's saber out da windu..hehe

That is a very nice saber! It's about time you worked on your Cram-Fu skills, lol.

There is a simple math formula for Saber names.-----------------------To check out the sound fonts I've made:
    ((Force-Dark Side)xEnglish^awesome)/Force)xLanguage[X].---------http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthXusia1/videos
    Quote from mihunai----------------------------------------------------------If you are interested in any of them, please PM me.

Stunning!
    huge fan of the microswitch and the cover plates...
    Yub Yub Commander.