Thread: trying to make an Obi-Wan ROTS (as close to replica as possible) saber

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default trying to make an Obi-Wan ROTS (as close to replica as possible) saber

Hey guys Newb here so sorry if this has already been posted.

I was told at CIII that I looked like Obi-Wan Kenobi so I began costuming as him, unfortunately I was using a broken MR Luke ROTJ saber. I missed the oppurtunity to buy an eFX stunt saber so I have begun looking around for them and am not willing to pay double price on something made of resin. So then I stumbled upon this site looking up how to make an Obi-Wan saber.

I was actualy just interested in having a good looking hilt that is as acurate as possible, but then I noticed how neat the blades are. I actually would be hanging the lightsaber on my belt, but thought if blades are removable it would be neat to add a blade if they can be used for lightsaber duels as long as they aren't too rough. So was just wondering your guys opinions on what to do. Also had some questions about the powdered coating.

As for the hilt here is what I have so far.

MPS Pommel style 3 v2
    Activation box style 7
    3" Fluted double female threaded connector
    Screw on LED blade holder style 8
    Ribbed grooved / Choke Combo
    Covertec clip

Does that look right?

obviously I would need the black, gold and brass colors (PC I guesS)... also I would need those other 2 screw things in the activator....

The only problem is the blade holder is a bit wide, for a replica it would need to be a bit narrower above the choke.. but obviously couldn't support a blade then (hence my considering going with a blade.

Sorry that's long but if anyone else has any help or suggestions please say so.
    Last edited by Jedi_Master_Maoak; 04-03-2011 at 03:50 PM.