Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Current shipping time frame?

Default Current shipping time frame?

Just curious does anyone know the current time frame that TCSS has for custom orders shipping out. I know that they have been busy so don't want to email them to find out. I saw the sticky that said it takes 2 weeks for custom orders but its been two weeks and the order status is still "order in process" so was just curious as to what the typical wait has been lately for powder coating and drill and tapping. Thanks guys/gals.

Powder coating can add up to three weeks plus you've already got extra time due to the custom work. I placed an order on the 14th with a lot of custom work but no PC. Yesterday Tim said it was almost ready to ship. I hope that helps.

Kewl, that helps alot. I didn't want to bother Tim with this cause I knew that TCSS has been busy and even pulled the powder coating off the store for a few to let them catch up. I was just looking for an idea of what time frame others have been experiencing.

normally it takes about 2 to 3 weeks and that all depends on how busy he is with custom orders and powdercoating

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I had found custom orders don't take very long at all (the longest I have ever waited was three days) but the PC will set you back and take a little longer...
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Tim doesnt bite, just email him and he will get you the status of your order instantly. Thats what I would do, but I wouldnt worry.. its worth the wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gin Malinko View Post
    just an added note on this.
    I vote dgdve as the site's motivational speaker. haha
    "Yes Lord Vader, and I too have a gift... for you.."

"There is no good or evil, no black or white.. There is only.. Perspective"

Quote Originally Posted by cardcollector View Post
    I had found custom orders don't take very long at all (the longest I have ever waited was three days)...
    Obviously, that's because either (A) Tim likes you more than the rest of us, or (B) you don't order that many custom parts.

To answer the OP, my experience is anywhere from one to three weeks, as has been said. I placed an order on the 22nd or the 23rd with some custom machining (nothing extravagant, just grip slots, a tapped hole, and a switch box hole in a plain DF extension) and my order is still marked as processing. I'd give it another week or two, as last I knew Tim was still trying to play catch-up a bit, and then shoot a polite "just checking in" note. I've yet to hear of an order falling through the cracks, so don't worry about that.

Oh I'm not worried about falling through the cracks, I was just trying to get a feel for the time frame everyone's has been seeing. I know he's been backlogged with orders, and that's the main reason I don't want to bother him. I know if he had to stop to answer every question about an order it would just slow him up more.

Plus I know its worth the wait, I've seen enough of the peoples sabers on the forums that have his parts. I cant wait to get it in so I can assemble it.

Once I'm done with it, I'm going to work on a second one for a friend of mine. She's wanting one almost identical to the one I have coming except she wants sound added to it. Told her it would have to be a bday/ Christmas present I know it's mean to make her wait that long but I've given her enough SW stuff already

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Doing my best to keep everything under two weeks. Lately some orders have been pushed towards the three week mark but that should be rare. If you ever have a order over three weeks please shoot me a E-mail.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Thanks Tim! I didn't mean to have you post. As I mentioned I didn't want to bother you and was just getting a feel for what everyone is seeing for a wait time. It's good to know you on top of things.

I sure I'm one of the ones that's been pushed toward 3 weeks with the Powder coating work on the parts according to what's been said of the PC adding more time to the order. Again thanks for popping in and giving an update on the time frame.