Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Petit Crouton Activation Problem

Default Petit Crouton Activation Problem

Well i recently ordered a PC-L and its amazing, that is if it would stay on.
    ok, so i got everything hooked up. I got the 6v 4AA pack wired up, the speaker wired, both switches wired, and the Red Luxeon Rebel wired up. now, when i apply power to the saber it boots properly but when i power on the saber with the Momentary switch it powers the LED for a second and then shuts off and plays the boot sound again. it does this everytime i try to power the saber up. so i made sure the Config file had all the right parameters for the switch and the proper typ. current for the Rebel. but the problem persists. only when i have the LED disconnected do i get the saber to stay powered on. when i dont have the LED hooked up i can access all of the parts of the sound font, the hum, power on and off, clashes, swings, and blaster and lockup normally. it just doesnt work with the led hooked up.
    i dont really know all of the in's and outs of this board, and as far as i have searched this is the first instance of my problem.
    any thoughts to whats wrong would be very helpful.

Well, at first I assumed you're problem was due to the momentary switch but then you would have to problem whether you had the LED in or not. I assume when you say it is "set up properly" you've changed the config file for the switch to "2". I'm using a latching switch as my primary and a momentary for aux.

Since your problem goes away with the LED removed, it seems pretty clear that your problem lies there. You may have bridged a connection on the board or somehow on the LED, or overdriven your LED (unlikely though).

Can you supply more detail? Wiring diagram, pictures, video, etc? How about config/LED file changes? Can you specify what you've done there?

actually it turns out to be a very simple fix. apparently the batteries my roommate gave me weren't as fresh as he said they were. T.T
    at least nothings wrong with the board or wiring, i just overlooked battery power.

LOL, glad it was a simple fix!

so am i. now all there is left to do is wait for the hilt parts to come in so i can assemble everything

Can some one please post a wireing diagram in detail switches, recharge port etc or can some one point me in the right direction where to find it please and thank you

There are WIRING diagrams floating around for the PC but you're best bet is to read the manual (seriously). There are quite a few options and your wiring will depend on your saber design.

Quote Originally Posted by IndustrialAction View Post
    There are WIRING diagrams floating around for the PC but you're best bet is to read the manual (seriously). There are quite a few options and your wiring will depend on your saber design.
    Agreed 100%. Read that manual from cover to cover.

LED Saber Combat Master Instructor
    Co-Founder of Caine and Novastar's Saber Combat System (NCSCS)
    Life's short...saberplay HARD!

ok so a maual comes with the pc when you order?

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

the download link for the manual is in the product description. go there to get it.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...