Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Black Core Saber

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

If you added paint to the outside of a 7/8" blade, then it wouldn't fit inside a thin walled 1" without scraping off some of the paint, anyway.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Sorry... I forgot part 5 and 1/2....

51/2. Sand the inside of the 1 inch poly C the length of the tube to allow for the black spray paint on the 7/8 inch core....

KI-ADI-MUNDI on FX-SABERS.com

Yeah, you're right... THAT fixes everything. I'm sure it will work perfectly now...

To hear one must listen I suppose.

yes they first must listen

I myself have tried this and failed .....miserably I might add it didn't have a good lighting effect except at a certain angle
    It was a bust .....alot of us have tried and failed at making a black core blade and it just doesn't produce the effect that we want

I have tried similiar to what he was saying except using a 1/2 poly c blade in the middle and no luck

For a slightly different effect, try removing your saber LED completely (you won't need it for this technique).

Paint the whole blade completely black. Then take a toothbrush and flick phosporescent paint (your choice of color) onto the blade. Don't cover it, just get little speckles all over.

Now comes the magic... Turn on the black light in your room and marvel at your black sparkly star saber. True, it will only work in your room or at raves, but it's an amusing effect. Battery life is greatly increased as well!
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by JamoUp View Post
    that is only black from that angle. you can see before he turns it on the 2nd time that there is just black blocking the blade from that angle.
    NICE catch. i actually added your explanation in a comment to that video to keep people from being fooled. as i was.
    thanks for being a bit more tactful in your response.

this TimeRender guy seems a bit short, arrogant and rude with his responses.

Yes I am short tempered and rude, but only with people who are too lazy to read or think. I won't apologize for that. I'm not arrogant. I have analyzed the problem and feel confident in my conclusions. The predictions I made based on my understanding of the science involved have been tested and confirmed. That is not arrogance. Regardless, I have not been rude to you in any way. You asked me a question and I answered you. I didn't specifically call out your failure to notice the details of the video as JamoUp did. If you feel that this was rude of me then I will apologize, but you may want to be less sensitive in the future.

My implication was more towards the way that you simply and obtusely answered, no that's not what I was talking about at all.
    Rather than pointing my assumption towards the right direction.

It's attitudes/personas like yours that inhibit "n00bs" and "up & comers" from asking, what they might think to be, stupid/naive questions.

Not that I expect you'd care at all, but even though you might know what you're talking about in regards to all things "lightsaber" related, in the future, if I recognize your name/avatar, I'll breeze right past it.

I HOPE that the things I say discourage new users from posting questions they feel are stupid/naive, because anyone who feels that way about their own questions must honestly acknowledge that they haven't adequately searched for the answer themselves. I have no problem at all assisting builders who have made an honest effort but cannot find the information they need. As for you skipping over my posts, it is your own loss. I don't sympathize with anyone who ignores the help of others because they got their feelings hurt.