Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Core Saber

To be fair, all lightsabers are gimmicks. That means we are all crazy for spending time, sweat, and money on expensive, stylized, coloured flashlights with a translucent rod to carry light in a shaft: gimmicks. Oh, and some of them make noises on their own. If we don't try and do something special with our gimmicks, why not just buy the mass produced stuff and save ourselves the trouble?

Keep on truckin', Insomniac.

So my girlfriend said she would get into saber building with me... only if I could make a black bladed saber, "like Starkiller or the Jango Fett looking guy from the Clone Wars."
    I don't think it's a pipe dream, exactly. I'd love to see it done.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Furry_Oaf View Post
    So my girlfriend said she would get into saber building with me... only if I could make a black bladed saber, "like Starkiller or the Jango Fett looking guy from the Clone Wars."
    I don't think it's a pipe dream, exactly. I'd love to see it done.
    Many have tried....... They Failed.

Quote Originally Posted by TimeRender View Post
    The third method, which to my knowledge is still untested, relies on using a Makoto style string inside a dual-tube blade setup. The inner and outer blade tubes must be lined in polarized film which is oriented 45 degrees from the angle of the blade and 90 degrees from each other. Hypothetically if this was done correctly and if the materials used were of optical quality, this would create a black-cored blade that was visible from 360 degrees at all times. However, the cost of building such a blade would be staggering, the blade would be relatively dim, it would be incredibly difficult to build, and honestly it may not work at all.
    is this what you're referring to here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjFZ8-dJmdA

that is only black from that angle. you can see before he turns it on the 2nd time that there is just black blocking the blade from that angle.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_a* View Post
    is this what you're referring to here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjFZ8-dJmdA
    No. That's not at all what I am talking about.

It's not that hard... Recipe for a black core blade...
    1. 1 peice 7/8 inch thin walled poly C 35 inches long.
    2. 1 36 inch thin walled blade from TCSS clear not the Transparent White.
    3. Can of black high gloss spray paint.
    4. 1 10w white LED... your choice.
    5. Spray 7/8 inch poly C black...
    6. Slide it inside the 1 inch blade.
    7. wire up the 10w.
    8. insert the black core blade and turn on the saber...
    9. If you've done this right the light will travel up the clear blade and light up the tip...

Wala BCB baby Black Core Blade...This should give you a very close copy of the blade you see in the Force Unleashed...

KI-ADI-MUNDI on FX-SABERS.com

See? This is exactly what makes me angry. Beggar I am sorry if what I am about to say offends you, but if you think this will work it means that you obviously haven't read or understood anything that has been said about black core blades on this forum, neither have you adequately examined the problem yourself to see why your solution won't work, neither do you honestly understand the principles that allow the traditional saber configurations to work, neither have you tried this yourself or you would already KNOW that it doesn't work. If you even took the time to look at THIS thread you would see that someone has posted pictures of something that is almost exactly what you have described, and yet he can't manage to get any light at all beyond the first two inches of his blade. Still you have no trouble at all flippantly and dismissively telling us all how easy it is to create a black core blade as though you had done it successfully a dozen times before. At best that is flagrant misinformation. And unfortunately that sort of attitude seems to be pretty common. Take Zero Unit, for instance, who has no qualms at all about telling someone else to "keep on truckin". But Zero's not the one footing the bill, is he? It's easy to tell OTHERS to take risks when you aren't spending the time, effort, or hard earned cash to perform the experiment yourself. At least Insomniac is only wasting his OWN resources.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

Quote Originally Posted by beggarsoutpost View Post
    It's not that hard... Recipe for a black core blade...
    1. 1 peice 7/8 inch thin walled poly C 35 inches long.
    2. 1 36 inch thin walled blade from TCSS clear not the Transparent White.
    3. Can of black high gloss spray paint.
    4. 1 10w white LED... your choice.
    5. Spray 7/8 inch poly C black...
    6. Slide it inside the 1 inch blade.
    7. wire up the 10w.
    8. insert the black core blade and turn on the saber...
    9. If you've done this right the light will travel up the clear blade and light up the tip...

Wala BCB baby Black Core Blade...This should give you a very close copy of the blade you see in the Force Unleashed...
    i'm from missouri - show me.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Quote Originally Posted by TimeRender View Post
    See? This is exactly what makes me angry. Beggar I am sorry if what I am about to say offends you, but if you think this will work it means that you obviously haven't read or understood anything that has been said about black core blades on this forum, neither have you adequately examined the problem yourself to see why your solution won't work, neither do you honestly understand the principles that allow the traditional saber configurations to work, neither have you tried this yourself or you would already KNOW that it doesn't work. If you even took the time to look at THIS thread you would see that someone has posted pictures of something that is almost exactly what you have described, and yet he can't manage to get any light at all beyond the first two inches of his blade. Still you have no trouble at all flippantly and dismissively telling us all how easy it is to create a black core blade as though you had done it successfully a dozen times before. At best that is flagrant misinformation. And unfortunately that sort of attitude seems to be pretty common. Take Zero Unit, for instance, who has no qualms at all about telling someone else to "keep on truckin". But Zero's not the one footing the bill, is he? It's easy to tell OTHERS to take risks when you aren't spending the time, effort, or hard earned cash to perform the experiment yourself. At least Insomniac is only wasting his OWN resources.
    Well said TR. To make something even close to what what you see in the game would never be an easy, quick, or cheap endeavor. Those three have been done many times only to Fail. Miserably I might add.