Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Core Saber

I have read through all the threads here and looked through Senti's blade thread not as thoroughly once I determined it only had the best effect from certain angles. I thought this might be the response this thread would get and that's fine. I realize it has been tried and tried before with mild success, but I have not seen anyone create the blade in the fashion I have.

I know that we cannot create an effect in real life that was created by computers, but I am hoping for an effect similar enough to that. Even if I do not get completely satisfactory results, I am having a fun time trying and tinkering with it. I didn't mean to debate things that have been discussed at numerous lengths already, but to see if it was possible to work around the issues I am having at the moment.

I do appreciate you taking the time for a wonderfully detailed post TimeRender even though it seems this thread has ruffled your feathers. I am not discouraged yet and hope I can get some better results soon, I guess I was just a bit giddy at my own creation, and if I cannot reach my goal then I will get in line with everyone else that has tried something and failed

I did put together a slightly better video but the effect on camera isn't nearly as good as in person. Another Video

You've got a great taste for music.

The blade, it's ok, but near the emitter it doesn't have the "black blade" effect.

Thank you

But yes in the video/most camera shots the light near the emitter I would say 'washes out' because it is much brighter near the emitter than down the length of the blade. Which is another issue I intend to iron out hopefully soon is having the whole blade illuminated much better.

How exactly do you plan on illuminating the blade better?

Yeah, I do get my feathers ruffled because every element of your idea has already been discussed and debunked. You say that you have not seen anyone create a blade in this fashion, but that only shows that you haven't looked hard enough yet. Dual tube designs with an opaque inner blade will never work. Go back and re-read Vorian89's thread. In particular, read posts 13, 26, 37, 59 (ignore the fact that we're talking about UV, the principle behind the ring of LEDs is still relevant to your idea), 69, 92, 96-98, and 110. In fact, ESPECIALLY 110!

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

you know, i still want to try my idea... take a rod of obsidian and toss it into one of the fukushima reactors for a few days. if it survives, it'll be black and it'll glow.

never mind it being radioactive. ^_^
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Obsidian is fragile, maybe you should set it gently in the reactor instead of tossing it. Otherwise I think you might be onto something.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight

Quote Originally Posted by TimeRender View Post
    Obsidian is fragile, maybe you should set it gently in the reactor instead of tossing it. Otherwise I think you might be onto something.
    yeah of course. i'll encase it in a polycarbonate sleeve as well.

You can use it as a space heater too.

Personally I like the idea of a Black cored blade. Don't know if you will achieve it or not but looking forward to seeing your outcome. I wish you luck and please if you do achieve it tell everyone how and what you did to correct it.

A side note it's really frustrating to a new member like myself who is excited about the saber-craft to see people bashing others just cause its been tried before or no one has ever achieved it before. If GL listened to people like that then we would have never had SW cause he got rejected several times for SW. I can understand you not liking the subject of the thread or are tired of reading another failed test but that doesn't mean you have to come in here and be negative about it. Simple don't open the thread. The more I read from people that post a lot here the more I see they don't like people trying new things or even old things that people have already failed at. Who cares if it's been tried before, how many times did it take to create a light bulb? It is truly sad that people have to put down or belittle others ideas or projects to make themselves feel good as that is what I truly get out of posts that start out "Oh no not again" type of garbage . Yes we all know about the other threads where other people tried and failed at making a black core saber, but leave people alone and let them try it for themselves to achieve or fail in peace. Off my rant now and Good-bye TCSS

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Kental View Post
    Personally I like the idea of a Black cored blade. Don't know if you will achieve it or not but looking forward to seeing your outcome. I wish you luck and please if you do achieve it tell everyone how and what you did to correct it.

A side note it's really frustrating to a new member like myself who is excited about the saber-craft to see people bashing others just cause its been tried before or no one has ever achieved it before. If GL listened to people like that then we would have never had SW cause he got rejected several times for SW. I can understand you not liking the subject of the thread or are tired of reading another failed test but that doesn't mean you have to come in here and be negative about it. Simple don't open the thread. The more I read from people that post a lot here the more I see they don't like people trying new things or even old things that people have already failed at. Who cares if it's been tried before, how many times did it take to create a light bulb? It is truly sad that people have to put down or belittle others ideas or projects to make themselves feel good as that is what I truly get out of posts that start out "Oh no not again" type of garbage . Yes we all know about the other threads where other people tried and failed at making a black core saber, but leave people alone and let them try it for themselves to achieve or fail in peace. Off my rant now and Good-bye TCSS
    a little history then... last year this very subject nearly tore the whole community apart and there's a LOT of hard feelings about it. this is generally a very friendly place, but it seems that you take things on the internet (and here especially) way too seriously. if you really don't like it and are leaving for good, then good luck with the rest of life. if you ever come back, calm down, remember that this is the internet and words can't hurt you, and try to relax.