Thread: Black Core Saber

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Black Core Saber

Hello there TCSS,
    I present to you my black core saber that I am currently working on. I am making great progress so far (in my eyes) and believe that I will be able to achieve a good black core that is the same visibly from all angles at once.

The video is here, and it may be hard to tell but I am rotating the blade all the way around. Currently the black core is not quite perfectly constructed and the poly-p wrap is dirty on the inside due to much testing involving this blade.

This is a comparison shot between a stock MR Vader ANH and the black core saber so far. Right now you can tell that the MR is much brighter currently and I intend to fix that with either a 10W white led or to have three P4's in a triangle formation. I will probably attempt both to compare results.

The blade I am currently using is the 1" thick-walled but I believe the thin-walled blade will offer even better results. I am also going to experiment with using more/less poly-p but so far the results have leaned towards using more wraps of poly-p.

Any comments/questions are welcome

Try turning a light on for the video. Mesa no see nothing.

J-Lo, is there any way you can lock a single person off of a thread? If so, PLEASE prevent me from ever posting here... For everyone's sake...

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by TimeRender View Post
    J-Lo, is there any way you can lock a single person off of a thread? If so, PLEASE prevent me from ever posting here... For everyone's sake...
    Sorry, no, there isn't.

Not very impressive results, so far. It looks like you're getting some light at the edges of the blade from the base flare, but it's not traveling up the blade very far.

To me, it just looks like a blade with far too much poly-p inside it.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Not again......

*sigh*

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Yeah we've all been down this road a few times. It's been thoroughly debated so any hope of achieving this would rely on something new and/or not thought of. That is quite a challenge considering the how many brilliant people have already racked their brains.

To put it simple...to the best of everyone's current knowledge this would require defying the laws of physics.