Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Beginning of the End....

Talking The Beginning of the End....

It's the beginning of the end... I'm going to begin making my first saber which in turn will end my padawan life and hopefully launch me into a greater world.

These forums have been amazing in learning things and shaping ideas in my mind. With that let me go into more detail of what I'm looking to do and I'm asking this awesome group of people (known as the TCSS forum Elite) if certain things are possible, ludicrous or maybe just to advance for me at my skill level.

Let us begin...
    I have some designs in my head and some on paper and some rendered (I will have to upload them) but a couple questions about the actual saber. I'm looking to make a saber that will have sound, LED switching capabilities, saber effects, powder coating, sink tube overlay, and a recharge port. This won't likely be used a hardcore stunt saber, it may be swing and it may hit something occasionally.

Sound...
    I heard a bunch of different boards and such on youtube but I'm looking for just a basic lightsaber sound, retracting/ detracting, maybe a clash. I don't think I need multiple saber sounds.

I'm not 100 percent sure but the ability to have the lightsaber effects grow up and come down is separate then the sound card but I'd like that also. (maybe that's a crystal focus?)

LEDs...
    I would also like to have the ability to switch out LEDs very easily (I know there's a way to do it) it isn't necessary but it would be nice if there is a problem or I'm in a different color mood.

Powdercoating...
    For powdercoating is there a way to get more colors (mostly different shades) of what's offered? I know I would/should PM Tim but I wasn't 100 percent sure because the last thread talking about that was a while ago.

Overlay...
    I know the tools and such needed for the sink tube overlay but is there a way to put it on the saber without screwing it on. You'll see why in sobe if my designs that its more regal without noticeable screws.

Recharge port...
    And lastly (for now) a recharge port, is it easy to hook up, wire in? I would like to one because that's less times I have to take the saber apart.

I think that's it for now I'm going to update with some designs/pictures and maybe even get some constructive (or violent, either/or I know are meant with love) feedback for them.

Thanks everyone!

MTFBWY

JC
    [Jedi Knight Camarius]

(P.s. This was all typed on my celluar device so I apologize for wrong auto corrects or wierd sentence structure)
    The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together.

For sound, if you want the blade retraction effect, but don't need multiple sound fonts, then you should look into getting the PC-L. Tim stocks it, and its stock will be replenished quickly if it is out of stock. Crystal focus boards are very hard to come by if you are not in the right place at the right time. If you don't mind not having the blade retraction then you could go with a cheapo 2010 hasbro board, which sounds pretty nice. You could aslo go with an FX sound board.

For your leds you can hook up a quick disconnect, which would allow you to take them out and switch it with another.

Powdercoating is only what Tim offers currently. There may be more colors/selections in the future, but right now it is what you can choose from.

For your overlay, you can put a setscrew on the underside of the shroud, to be tightened from the opposite side, depending on your design.

Recharge ports are pretty easy to wire up. There are wiring diagrams, in the diagram/wiring section.

We will look forward to your pictures.
    Formerly known as Polarcupz

"I think, therefore I am. I destroy, therefore I endure."

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

Iggy, you said exactly what i would have. ^_^

the only thing i can really add is to check out the threading/tapping thread.

also, if you have any trouble with your wiring, there's normally someone helpful in the chatbox no matter when it is.

have fun, good luck, and be safe!
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

This is just one concept design I was thinking about... All mhs with a chrome sink tube overlay

[IMG]http://m185.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/giannic318/2010-11-20114001-1.jpg.html?&newest=1&pbauth=1_uLEBonVPfaLdh1h3YMYz 2c8VmRD4xeuobuVPUXsIIjdOBYFDlNs1mWjhDx%2F4

This has a bronze sink tube overlay and a different back piece...

I have more sketches i'm gonna try and render, just looking for some feedback if you please
    Last edited by Camarius; 03-26-2011 at 05:51 PM.
    The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Camarius View Post
    Sound...
    I heard a bunch of different boards and such on youtube but I'm looking for just a basic lightsaber sound, retracting/ detracting, maybe a clash. I don't think I need multiple saber sounds.

You will most likely want to use an economy hasbro board. They are cheap (so no biggie if you ruin it) and sound decent. There are no LED ramping effects. The CF is nigh impossible to purchase. The PC-L is a great board and is sold at TCSS. You might want to consider it, it requires some soldering skills...

LEDs...
    I would also like to have the ability to switch out LEDs very easily (I know there's a way to do it) it isn't necessary but it would be nice if there is a problem or I'm in a different color mood.

The easiest and cheapest way to do this is to get a white seoul P4 and buy the TCSS color disk set....

Powdercoating...
    For powdercoating is there a way to get more colors (mostly different shades) of what's offered? I know I would/should PM Tim but I wasn't 100 percent sure because the last thread talking about that was a while ago.

You can always ask, but he has increased his selection tremendously. What color were you looking at?

Overlay...
    I know the tools and such needed for the sink tube overlay but is there a way to put it on the saber without screwing it on. You'll see why in sobe if my designs that its more regal without noticeable screws.

Yes, use two part epoxy and brush it on prior to sliding the tube on the main hilt... it will never come off.

Recharge port...
    And lastly (for now) a recharge port, is it easy to hook up, wire in? I would like to one because that's less times I have to take the saber apart.

It is easy to wire it up, just make sure and follow the appropiate diagram.
    Answers in orange...

The CS 1 looks like a great design. The other one would be extremely difficult to do because of the emmitter...
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Thanks For the replies guys ...

For the powder coating I was looking for more of a regal blue instead of the crazy bright blue.. I have a semi completed render of the saber with the blue I would want but the design is very crazy will take alot of workmanship

(i'm gonna upload that render shortly)

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight

for custom colors i think Tim once said that he CAN do them, but you have to buy the whole container of PC or something... i might be wrong and remembering someone else say that though.

this is the blue I'm sorta looking for ...the bronze looking symbol is the jedi order symbol gonna be tough to cut but I think it could work ill probably have to thicken it but thats the best i could do with MS paint
    Last edited by Camarius; 03-26-2011 at 09:27 PM.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight

that's what? 14 inches or so? looks like a royal blue or a 'true' blue to me.

also, if that's the main hilt that i know it is, be sure you let Tim know you plan on using it on an emitter end instead of a pommel end so he can leave the material at the end so it won't snap off.

you can size pretty well it is 14.6 and ya thats sorta the blue im looking for the other one is way to bright and kinda kiddish.... not really lightsaber looking color... and the jedi symbol is going to be a sink tube overlay that ill have to cut (carefully).... ill prolly end up going with my CS-1 just for the ease of it ... and so i can get the feel for it... kinda my test saber