Thread: I have ADD, trying to consolidate ideas... help?

Default I have ADD, trying to consolidate ideas... help?

OK. I have all the parts I need to make my dream saber (or something like that) but I'm having trouble organizing all the stuff I need to do. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

OK First of all my parts:
    2008 Darth Maul Hasbro FX Sound Board
    Illuminated Latching Switch (Not from TCSS)
    Red Luxeon III Star LED
    4 AAA Battery Pack

Alright this is the part I can't quite seem to get fully organized in my head... I need to wire my switch LED in parallel to the rest of it, but I will be wiring the rest in a standard Switch->Soundboard->LED setting? I will have a resistor set up for the Switch LED, and then for the regular LED on the other side of the parallel, but do I need one for the sound card? Finally, How do I wire my switch properly to make the LED go ON/OFF with the whole saber?

I know this is a lot but I feel like every time I almost figure it out I lose whatever answer I had, and re-reading tutorials isn't helping anymore.

Thanks!!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Run the switch LED in parallel with the main LED. In other words, the (+) to the LEd needs to be split (make it into a "Y") and one leg goes to the main LED while the other goes to the accent LED in the switch. The (-) can also come from the board. Just use the last (-) lead (it is brown) and run it to the accent LED's (-) pin. That's it simple. (don't forget your resistor for the accent LED though
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Dude from one who knows. first step, tack your Strattera, then follow LDM's advice. You must slow the world down to build the saber.
    Last edited by grayven; 03-23-2011 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Because MY ADHD was faster than my typing. :)

when it comes to putting the electronics together take your time and follow LDM advice on wiring it up

Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Padawan

Also, with regards to ADHD, you need to learn to manage your condition. It'll take years to ride heard on it & good luck with the process. I'm by no means perfect but, take it from one of the original Ritalin babies, writing checklists & following them is quite the boon. Check & recheck your data and wiring too. When you run into an issue and can't find the answer, ask politely and we'll help you out.

Knowledge must be balanced by Practice.
    Practice must be balanced by Experience.
    Through Knowledge, Practice, and Experience
    we gain Wisdom.

-Boj-Vaati Mau
    Jedi Sentinel, Jar'Kai practitioner,
    and Instctor at Strafe Plains Temple

Saber Guild: Strafe Plains Temple
    The Rebel Legion

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

i have a similar condition - CRS (Can't Remember S***). runs in the family i think. anyway, solid facts and indexed data i can remember easily. i can remember the model number on my first IDE hard drive, but i forget my own name at times. how i get around it is write things down, make lists, and develop backwards path thinking so you can trace back what you were thinking 30 seconds ago.

but definitely make checklists and stuff.

and if you ever hear me go off replacing every other word with 'thing' you'll know why. ^_^ i forgot all the words.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

When I am planning any saber, I write every step on paper. Even though I have done the same thing several times, Having it on paper (parts, steps, plans, designs, etc) makes sure you don't forget anything and simplifies your life...
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

that's what i forgot! i plan everything out in excel. between about 8 spreadsheets you can track almost my entire life.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...