Thread: Can I get a color check please?

Default Can I get a color check please?

Hi, this is the saber I'm gonna get built but I want to check the colors to be powder coated first.

Main body: Black Chrome
    Choke: Copper Transparent?
    Blade Holder: Jollipop Copper Orange?

Would appreciate any other feedback on the saber design as well.
    Thanks =)

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If you really want to know the colors you can google the colors and get some nice examples.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

all those colors can be found here

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/po...t/PCcolors.asp

is there a reason you didnt want your pommel to be a color to tie up the saber (color wise) like have it be a [Copper Transparent] or something? or were you going for the metallic rainbow effect

I've checked the powder coating color pictures already but I didn't see any that matched the rendering which is why I've posted on the forum to see if anyone had the colors done. As for finishing up with the pommel color, while designing my saber none of the colors felt right. Haha. Messed around with a few builds and color schemes but this one still felt the most 'me'. =)

I was wondering what the Jollipop Copper orange would look like as well, when I was ordering my first PC'd parts- here's what people posted for me, and it was spot on:
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...-Orange-Anyone
    When I got my emitter done in this color, I wasn't dissapointed!

linkingdots:

I haven't built a saber yet (I'm lurking around here doing research for a while before I start one), but I am an artist/designer and am pretty good with color. I hope you don't mind if I throw out a couple suggestions for you to think about.

I like your overall design a lot, but I agree with Camarius that your saber might seem more balanced if the pommel matched the choke… unless you picked one of the powder coat options where some parts of the main body are left raw aluminum, so there's more of that distributed over the rest of the hilt.

The other thing I notice about your colors is that they're all semi-transparent, which is going to give the whole saber a very shiny, uniform quality. It might be nice to play one flat or opaque color off of the other colors (for instance, you could substitute Black Matte Tuscan for Black Chrome or Copper Metallic for Copper Transparent). This would add some depth & help the shiny parts really stand out.

All that said, looks are very subjective, so you should go with what makes sense to you.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

i can agree with that - something like a flat black or warlock gray for the main grip, extreme chrome or something for the pommel and transparent coppers and stuff for the choke and black chrome for the emitter.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

thanks for all the inputs and advice. =) i've already placed my order but might just re-order some parts after receiving my saber if the colors don't match right >.< will definitely post it up on the forum when it's all done.

Cheers,
    Linkingdots

this is the saber with the powder coating done. it's very nice and shiny =)

DSC_0020.jpgDSC_0016.jpg

Thank you so much linkingdots. Your pictures helped me get the color sheme right for my next saber build. That lollipop copper orange was the last color I needed. Thanks a bunch!
    The Force!? No... The Schwartz!