Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: FINALLY!!! My First MHS Saber.

i believe he used a dremel .....second thought don't remember if he got his new one yet since it died on him s while back ..but most of us just use dremmels, vises, and lots a files

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    DM, my comment was directed at the person who had posted just above me.

I guess I should have quoted him, so there wouldn't be any confusion.

I happen to like your take on this saber, and like the crystal chamber cut outs.
    Thank you J-Lo. That did dawn on me about an hour after I replied to your post. It was early this morning right before I went to work when I replied. So I wasn't really awake yet. Again , thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by alden View Post
    Thx for the link, but cutting metal is a step too high for me, or is there a way to cut metal without expensive pro tools?
    Alden, I just uesd a dremel, a drill press, & some files.

Thank you Knighthammer
    Last edited by Darth Midian; 03-22-2011 at 11:16 AM.

Just checked, a dremel isn't really that expensive, maybe I will get one of these, wow this opens complete new design possibilities, I'm going back to my sketch!
    Last edited by alden; 03-22-2011 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthammer View Post
    Really all you need is a steady hand and a dremel, not sure what DM used, but many many people here use dremels.

DM - Awesome job man, looks really good.
    What cutting wheel are you guys using with your dremels? I've broken too many of them recently and I don't know if the quality has gone down or if I'm just not getting the right ones.

I use reinforced cutting discs
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by jin starkiller View Post
    I use reinforced cutting discs
    That's the one. I even use them to cut pvc.

Looks cool man.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Wow that looks incredible! i really like the weathering and how well the illuminated switch looks on the pommel. very nice

That's a really good point about the graflex pins. Totally make sense. Plus it's a slight variation anyways.

I use the same reinforced cut off discs and with the MHS sleeve they can wear down or break still. They can have quit a kick if your not careful and cause unwanted gauges. I go through anywhere from 1 to 3 per build when I have a complicated overlay, but the other cheaper ones barely cut it at all. The reinforced ones go through sinktube very easily!

When it's your first MHS build after building for over a year and half it's kind of hard to wait 2 months to enter the contest. I know I wouldn't have waited either. Plus if we all waited, the gallery would be void of new builds for a few months.
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 03-23-2011 at 05:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    When it's your first MHS build after building for over a year and half it's kind of hard to wait 2 months to enter the contest. I know I wouldn't have waited either. Plus if we all waited, the gallery would be void of new builds for a few months.
    I know what you mean. It was really hard for me to wait until I finished this saber. I wanted to take pics of the shroud when I finished it & post it. I just keep telling myself, wait until you're done. It would've been torture to hold it for the contest. Also I really didn't think I could since it was a WIP & I posted pics of the CC & the ribbed extension over the summer.