Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: FINALLY!!! My First MHS Saber.

i think this is a great weathering job... nice!
    The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together.

This is a beautiful first MHS, makes my effort look pathetically bland. You are hooked now, no going back to PVC, it just isn't the same... mwah hah hah hah (evil laugh)
    With the Blast Shield down I can't even see.. how am I supposed to fight

I'm sorry but I must disagree with most of what everyone has said (sry guys just my opinion)

DM, DM.. DM.. you know I love your work and this is no exception.. I LOVE that your putting your own spin on the (lets face it) overdone starkiller model (the choke, I'm luvin it!). I'm giving you a 4.5/5.. wanna know where the .5 is my friend??

You are arguably and without question a PVC master.. yet everyone seems to think you've abandoned your past.. your roots.. No no.. I want to see you push your own envelops.. (*cough.. madcow type pvc sled/chassis) it's like building a pvc saber.... on the inside(and to me is the next level of evolution)... yesssss the emperor would be pleased..

But, who me? I like her as she sits too :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Gin Malinko View Post
    just an added note on this.
    I vote dgdve as the site's motivational speaker. haha
    "Yes Lord Vader, and I too have a gift... for you.."

"There is no good or evil, no black or white.. There is only.. Perspective"

Thank you guys. I have to say, I really do love the way my starkiller feels. It's feels very solid, & handles like a dream. I really love this design. Dgdve, I'm not letting go of my roots, I still have some pvc projects on my desk. If it wasn't for what I learned with pvc, I really don't think this saber would've turned out as planned. So I salute, & thank you pvc. I am working on a pvc Sith saber for my friends younger son, & I have to admit, after working with aluminum it does seem a bit different working with pvc. I'm going to continue with pvc, but I am going to start planning my future builds around MHS, & aluminium.

I just had a question as to what size screws were used on this saber? I'm a bit of a noob and just getting started ( again ). I myself have had a Starkillerish design in my head for sometime and with like to start to get things together... Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Darthig88 View Post
    I just had a question as to what size screws were used on this saber? I'm a bit of a noob and just getting started ( again ). I myself have had a Starkillerish design in my head for sometime and with like to start to get things together... Thanks
    I used 1/4" 8/32 flat head screws on the grips, 1/8" 8/32 chrome or silver button heads screws from the shop for my shroud, the Graflex replica srews are 10/32 I believe, they're 10 something and the pin screws are 8/32 set screws; I don't remeber the length, sorry.

Thanks, Your insight will help, When I have mine done, I'll post pics..

Quote Originally Posted by Darthig88 View Post
    Thanks, Your insight will help, When I have mine done, I'll post pics..
    Cool, I look forward to checking it out. I just checked and the Graflex replica screws are 10/32. Good luck with your build.

What did you use for the handle part, also where did the double ended male come into play? I thought u used a double ended female, and sink tube over it, and then the 1.3 inch double female in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by thrgk View Post
    What did you use for the handle part, also where did the double ended male come into play? I thought u used a double ended female, and sink tube over it, and then the 1.3 inch double female in the middle.
    Here's the break down,I hope this helps out.

Last edited by Darth Midian; 08-26-2011 at 04:46 PM.