Thread: What not to do to MHS parts

Default What not to do to MHS parts

I had a friend/ client ask me to create a lightsaber out of the fiasco that he managed to create out of MHS parts.

what he did was use a pipe cutter on the main body to try and make grooves on it ( first very bad idea and mistake)

Then he tried putting the extension over main body and i guess tried to force it all the way up to cover the gauges he made on the hilt section. what he accomplished was to put a v in the threads that i hat cut the threads off and install a 1.5 sink tube adapter

To all the new people if you don't understand how MHS works or what to do with your parts have a sabersmith build you a saber

ok i am done venting

Parts list

4" female grooved
    Hilt style 1
    Blade holder 10
    pommel style 6
    insert style 3
    1.5 sink tube adapter

crystal chamber

electronics

P4 red
    resistor
    guarded switch with red button
    4AAA battery holder
    4AAA nimh batteries
    recharge port
    kill switch

after all the mess this is what we came up with since he didn't want to have to buy more parts....would have been cheaper though...he was in arush to have it ready for costume party...go figure.....don't rush ...costly mistake
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jin starkiller; 03-21-2011 at 12:26 PM.

Well, you made one hell of a save! Still, I'd probably have dumped the screwed up parts and started over but that's just me. Still a great job considering what you had to deal with.

yea same here but what can you say about some newbs they have to learn the hardway i guess

not crazy about the grip section wanted to just drill and tap but he wanted the grip.....1 1/2 heat shrink for that

That's why I wouldn't make a good custom smith. I'd only replicate my designs and only let the buyer customize LED and paint colors and card configs. My hat is off to you for making their requests a reality!

well i will have to say it came out better than i expected since this was my first attemp at the recharge port

Where is it, in the pommel? I couldn't pick it out in the picture.

its in pic 1 with the kill switch plugged in ...maybe need better picture

Oh, ok, I thought that was a covertec.

its the version 3 that you can use the covertec as a holder when not in use