Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 14.8V Li-ion Battery Pack Diagram?

Quote Originally Posted by Azmaria Dei View Post
    there's plenty of data out there actually. they make up 80% of the lithium battery market, after all. PCBs aren't needed, but they're recommended to prevent over-discharge, which can damage them similarly to Li-Ion. ALSO, they contain lithium. remember my little splody description above? same thing applies, but without the gasses expanding and causing the case to crack. just don't stab the cells or try cutting into them or throwing them in water or fire or crushing them...
    Well, sort of. I read all the same stuff you did most likely but none of it really speaks to the AW brand IMR batteries. They're different than just being LiMn. I had been speaking to an AW importer a few months ago about an order for my mods and he was supposed to get me a more detailed spec sheet from AW but I never got it.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

Quote Originally Posted by IndustrialAction View Post
    Well, sort of. I read all the same stuff you did most likely but none of it really speaks to the AW brand IMR batteries. They're different than just being LiMn. I had been speaking to an AW importer a few months ago about an order for my mods and he was supposed to get me a more detailed spec sheet from AW but I never got it.
    actually, unless you've been to a training course on them, i doubt you've read the exact same material. the bottom line is this - manganese is solid so doesn't expand nearly as much when it gets overexcited. if you have a solid enough case, you're good for the most part. you still don't want to toss them into water though.

and saying anything with Lithium in it is non-reactive is like saying a grenade is safe because it doesn't have a fuse but still has the charge. toss it in a fire and you'll see real fast how non-reactive it is.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Quote Originally Posted by IndustrialAction View Post
    AW does not make batteries. So the only spec sheet would be what ever major manufacturer battery they wrapped. They do wrap and protect quality batteries though.

Quote Originally Posted by Azmaria Dei View Post
    and easily too. short them out with a full charge and throw it.
    And there's always the Hyneman Axiom.

"When in doubt... C-4."

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

Quote Originally Posted by Kant Lavar View Post
    And there's always the Hyneman Axiom.

"When in doubt... C-4."
    reminds me of what one of my old explosive ordinance disposal friends always said. "When all else fails, think high explosives!"
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...