Thread: Question about batteries and PCB

Default Question about batteries and PCB

This might sound like a newb question but are the batteries in the store are they protected or unprotected

I also searched for a wiring diagram to wire up a PCB but didn't find one under our wiring schematic section

This will be the first time I am going to use a battery pack setup with the recharge port

Thanks

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Ok i see which are protected and which aren't now under the Lions I am going to be using NI-MH batteries do those need the PCB?

untill i get my parts and do more research but am going with NI-MH batteries this go around

ordered PCB for 3.7 and &.2 to be on the safe side

also am going with the econo board setup with recharge in the pommel

Depends on the battery. I checked the store and most of the li-ion batteries say protected in the item name. The only one that is not protected says in bold in the description that it is not protected (blue 14500 - not the Trustfire brand). If you look at the pcb description for the 7.2V PCB, there is a link to a data sheet that has a quasi-wiring diagram. But in a nutshell, you connect the B+ is positive end of the battery/pack, B- is negative end of the battery/pack (see note about BM pad), P+ and P- are the leads from your pack out to your charger/driver board. On the 7.2V PCB, there is a BM pad where you connect between the two batteries - when you tie the positve of one battery to the negative of the other battery to connect the batteries, you also need to tie that connection to the BM pad. If you look at the diagram in the data sheet, you will see. There is no BM pad on the 3.7V PCB.

Just saw your second post. No, Ni-MH do not need a protection circuit. Just make sure the charger is a Ni-MH charger and not a Li-ion charger.