Thread: Question about holding blade in PVC

Default Question about holding blade in PVC

I've built numerous PVC sabers and come accross one instance where during dueling the blade has come out from the hilt...we have dueled with this saber numerous times without any defect

Question is after a while did the snugness of the blade just wear or is it because it is in the 1" of pvc where the retention screw is

never had any previous problems before with this method

Thanx

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I happens occasionally, since the blade is not a perfect fit in the pvc, the blade retention screw will eventually loosen. Just make sure and tighten the screw every few battles and you shouldn't have to worry about it....
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Ok appreciate the help wasn't sure if need to start putting the retention screw and blade farthur down so it goes through the 1 1/4 PVC peice
    thanks

Youngling

how far do you let the blade go into the PVC? the last time i made a saber, my blade went into the hilt a good 6" I had 2 retention screws as well, I never had a problem

Quote Originally Posted by cardcollector View Post
    I happens occasionally, since the blade is not a perfect fit in the pvc, the blade retention screw will eventually loosen. Just make sure and tighten the screw every few battles and you shouldn't have to worry about it....
    I concur.

thanks for the info guys got it all sorted out