Thread: Changing MR Tranistors for more current??

Default Changing MR Tranistors for more current??

So these are the transistors on my MR Luke ANH board. i somewhat understanding more and more about all this electronic stuff. but the specson this sheet vex me.

http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/data...s/mXyzqxst.pdf

azmaria del said the MR board puts out about 1000ma @ 3.5v, but wasnt sure if per Lead or combined. Scottsaber talked about , in same thread, replacing the transistors on the board to get more current. I want to try this. i got the MR board for cheap so i dont care if i blow it up but would prefer to try to do it close to right the first time as i can.

The strawhat led's i bought are 160degree angle , 12k-14kmcd @ 3.2v at 25ma. So i have 90 of these on my MR board @ 1000ma , they are theoretically getting 11ma each. less than HALF what they are rated. They are BRIGHT as it is , getting more current will get more light?

Feel free to correct anything i am wrong on. How else will i learn

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

the 1000mA out is total between all of them. and i don't recommend swapping them out for higher power ones. the board is made to put out 3.5V @ 1000-1200mA. any more and you're asking for something to melt.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Quote Originally Posted by Azmaria Dei View Post
    the 1000mA out is total between all of them. and i don't recommend swapping them out for higher power ones. the board is made to put out 3.5V @ 1000-1200mA. any more and you're asking for something to melt.
    To Azmaria listen you should...

-C
    LOCKHEED