Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Petit Crouton questions

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

You cannot make any changes to the fonts. How many times does this need to be said?
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    You cannot make any changes to the fonts. How many times does this need to be said?
    apparently a few more times...
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

I believe it is a legitimate and a valid question considering the the board accepts only lightmeat or darkmeat fonts, I wasn't asking about using other CF type fonts... It might have been overlooked somehow.

I wouldn't risk screwing up my boards anyway, it was just a query, no need to get all upset. My curiosity got the better of me for once.

Oh by the way that was my third official question on the forums since I started this crazy hobby. So I think I've been a good boy and don't deserve the attitude.

That's why I refrain from posting more regularly.

Anywho.... No font changes no matter whatsoever... Gotcha! Loud and clear.

Back to topic.
    Last edited by bk_renesis; 03-17-2011 at 03:14 AM.
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

Don't take it personally, the established members of this board like to bash the noobs and have a lot of superior attitudes. It seems the best way to avoid it is to read every post you can find on the question in your mind and only post a question when you're sure it is a new topic. Some of these guys aren't the most helpful or understanding. I understand that they're tired of answering the same questions but it sucks for those of us that get their backlash.

As for the fonts, I won't post any more about it but if you set-up a "new" card, I have confidence that it can be hacked without permanent damage to the PC itself.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

Quote Originally Posted by IndustrialAction View Post
    Don't take it personally, the established members of this board like to bash the noobs and have a lot of superior attitudes. It seems the best way to avoid it is to read every post you can find on the question in your mind and only post a question when you're sure it is a new topic. Some of these guys aren't the most helpful or understanding. I understand that they're tired of answering the same questions but it sucks for those of us that get their backlash.

As for the fonts, I won't post any more about it but if you set-up a "new" card, I have confidence that it can be hacked without permanent damage to the PC itself.
    say the same thing 1000 times to people that don't understand you or notice that you've said it over and over again and remain chipper...
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Yeah well I've been around longer than you might think and have quite a few builds under my belt. The only econo board sabers I have is the one I made for my daughter. So I don't consider my self a noob, I just don't run around and try to post in every thread and answer every question. Nor do I throw my hands in the air and go running to mamma when it gets asked more than once. I don't like being spoonfed, building a saber, learning and experimenting is 50% of the joy of building these things.

Anyway, i have other things in my life other than worrying about upping my post count. You know the old saying, if you don't have anything positive to say, don't say it at all. This should be the core rule for posting on these forums. Would make it a much nicer place.

With that being said...What's worse than asking a question that's been answered more than once? Giving the wrong advice... Some people have done that more than a few times... 3w dx rgb @ 1400ma... Please!!! I think I'll stick to the advice coming from the Masters. Even if other people repeat themselves another 1000 times.

If you read my first I started by saying: I believe this question has not been asked and I believed there was a possibility considering the card accepts light/dark fonts. I asked, especially because there is a "force" file which isn't used on both fonts so maybe just maybe there was a chance. I accept j-lo's post, she is a master, a pioneer AND A MODERATOR but her rhetorical question needed no answer.

Sorry for the complete derail. Mods Please feel free to remove my last couple of posts.
    Last edited by bk_renesis; 03-17-2011 at 06:37 AM.
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

Quote Originally Posted by bk_renesis View Post
    I asked, especially because there is a "force" file which isn't used on both fonts so maybe just maybe there was a chance. I accept j-lo's post, she is a master, a pioneer AND A MODERATOR but her rhetorical question needed no answer.

Sorry for the complete derail. Mods Please feel free to remove my last couple of posts.
    The "force" file is there as a option for the Aux button it can replace the "blaster" file ... its in the manual...Page 20 Paragraph 4
    Vi veri veniversum vivus vici

Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of in·san·i·ty!
    Witty Quote

Spoon fEeD A nOOb

Council Member
    Sith Lord

This type of behavior from more senior members is frowned upon by the Council. If you see it, report it to one of us please.

LOL, I like it too. Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Back to the topic at hand though...I understand that the PC-L is locked and I'm cool with that. I just wonder how that is really possible. I'm not going to go hacking around on my board but it seems like something that certainly could be done if one wanted to violate one's warranty.
    It would do more than that. Such a person would be placed on the "no sell" list and would lose their ability to buy PC ever again. I am not getting on IndustrialAction's "hiney" here, but this needs to be understood by everyone. I really believe that 95% of the folks here already "get it", but for anyone still wondering if he/she/it should try to "get over", let me assure you that we are watching. This board is more our "baby" than simply a "product". We are sharing because there are a ton of great folks in the community and we want to spread the love, but we also expect everyone to act like adults and not spoiled children. Spoiled children tend to lose their privileges after all

In summation, Zook and I have posted the rules. The rules are the rules. We will not change the rules no matter how much complaining people do. If people do not like the rules they are free not to use the product. I am not sure how to be more clear about this. This is not open to debate in any way.
    Last edited by Lord Dottore Matto; 03-17-2011 at 03:02 PM.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dottore Matto View Post
    It would do more than that. Such a person would be placed on the "no sell" list and would lose their ability to buy PC ever again. We are serious about the rules and if the community cannot "play nice" then the PCMG would seriously consider "taking our ball and going home".

I am really not sure whay we are discussing this. I have posted the rules. The rules are the rules. We will not change the rules no matter how much complaining people do. If people do not like the rules they are free not to use the product. I am not sure how to be more clear about this. This is not open to debate in any way.
    I don't understand what all of the complaining is about either. I don't remember anybody complaining about the single font
    for the US boards, so why do it with this one? I mean, would we hear all of this repetative whining about it if nobody but the
    PCMG knew it was made by Plecter Labs? No. If it was kept a secret from the general public about who made it or it was stated
    that it was the new TCSS board, made by TCSS, nobody would be complaining at all.

Did you also try to hack your USv2.5 to install a different font? No. You accepted that it was a new soundboard for the community to use
    and went about your business. If you want to bypass the rules and hack your PC board to try and install another font, by all means, go ahead.
    No one is stopping you. Just don't complain when you hear the FAIL noise.

"Now ,quit yer whinin' and build some sabers." Man I love that quote.

/end rant/

There is a simple math formula for Saber names.-----------------------To check out the sound fonts I've made:
    ((Force-Dark Side)xEnglish^awesome)/Force)xLanguage[X].---------http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthXusia1/videos
    Quote from mihunai----------------------------------------------------------If you are interested in any of them, please PM me.

Ok can a admin lock this thread. I started this thread for two question, they wer're answered. I now understand how to set up the sequencer. But to hijack this thread with the same stupid question "why cant I do this" or "why cant I do that" is crazy. People please the rules are made, so stop crying please. The PC-L is great! I'ts alot better than a MR/Hasbro or the failed US Boards all the incarnation of it. I cried a little when the PC-l was released. Hell I've been tring to get my hands on a CF since the first one was made. So come people let's act like we have some sense, and thanks the makers for this awesome board. If you want the PC-U become a established sabersmith, then I think you have shot at one. So can we lay this to rest now. Have some fun and go build a saber.
    Sith Happens