Thread: LED Question

Default LED Question

Hey. Just wondering if I can use the P4 LED from the kit with PCU. All the pre-wires are out of stock. Thanks. Having a build in mind so yeah. Going to be a new Sith saber but no details yet. Keeping it under wraps.
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

Sure.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I'm actually going to do a full on Windu conversion. So white P4 LED, PCU w/ Light Meat then Madcow's Shatterpoint font to be purchased, 34 inch TCSS battle blade, magenta Lee Filter, 2W bass speaker, 14500 pack. 2 mom standard style switches to be placed under the black rubber if possible... I will need help with that part. I think I got everything for a good Windu conversion. I will be getting new wires and heatshrink too so this build for the innerds isn't all crammed up again. Though just wondering when using a TCSS conversion kit for anyone's sabers, do you still need the extra stock plastic blade holder for whatever reason or no? That's the only thing I'm concerned about. Thanks for any help on that and switch placements. I can't wait to do my first conversion. I already got a book of Lee Filters. Just need to get the other stuff for my Windu saber ordered.
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

You'd be better off getting a multi color LED and mixing the red & blue. It'll be brighter than the white with the filter.

Just mirroring what Jordandau has said. Remember that color filters are "subtractive"; they will alter the color of the light by blocking all but a few wavelengths. This makes the light dimmer.

Decent article here: http://www.ehow.com/about_6304461_do...ers-work_.html