Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: pc l sondfonts

Default pc l sondfonts

hi everyone, i was wondering if there was a version of the lightmeat and darkmeat sound fonts available for cf v4 and if so where from? Im not looking to duplicate or distribute them before anyone asks, i mearly want the most comprehencive library of fonts i can get my hands on. i would be very greatfull of any help on the subject

I'm sure if you ask Eastern57 very nicely he may consider it...

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Skottsaber View Post
    I'm sure if you ask Eastern57 very nicely he may consider it...
    I can answer this question for you. No. The only way to get hte font is to buy a PC-L and it's associated SD cards. Then the font would have to be ocnverted to .RAW.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

ok thats cool thanks guys , i will be buying a pc-l when they come back in stock. so im guessing i can use goldwave or similar to convert the sound files to raw as i would if i was converting a v5 sound file to run on my 4.3?

Yeah, just remember there are slight differences between v5 sound files and PC sound files.
    I'm not going to guess, because I can't remember right now and don't want to look like a fool.

"You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Skott is correct. PC= not as many blaster or force sounds.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

i should be ok then, iv used older files from a v3 i think before and just duplicated the force and blaster sounds with no issues. once again many thanks guys.

just a quick update. my lightmeat and darkmeat sd cards arrived in the post yesterday, spent this morning transferring and converting the files to raw with goldwave also duplicated the force and blaster sounds. hey presto pc-l soundfonts on cf v4, they sound great and run with no issues whatsoever. so anyone looking to use the fonts on cf should get buying. happy days

Umm... Show some respect Cooky.
    Last edited by Sunrider; 03-25-2011 at 09:21 AM.

Not sure what you mean sunrider. He bought the sounds, the font maker got paid. If he wants to put the sounds in an ostrich he can.