Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ahsoka Inspired Saber

i think he uses threaded inserts that they use for furniture that allows u to use screws...wrks well with pvc to attach 1 1/4 to 1 inch

Quote Originally Posted by cannibal869 View Post
    Actually, DM I was asking about something different - there was a tutorial somewhere either here or on FX where you said that you use wood inserts and put them into the PVC, then dremel off the outside part 1/2 at a time. I think you use these as sort of threaded anchors for 8-32 screws?

*side note* but that wood trim thing is all sorts of awesome too!
    I'm sorry Dude, I totally misunderstood you. I use the 8/32 inserts that can be found in furnture hardware. I only use the inserts now for the blade retention screw & the led assembly retention screw. For the overlays, I started to use an 8/32 tap & thread the pvc. That saves a buch of time & works awesome.
    Here's a pic of the inserts:

Ahh, good to know. Thanks!!
    LOCKHEED

Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Padawan

Nice technique! Will have to keep that in mind for later usage.

Knowledge must be balanced by Practice.
    Practice must be balanced by Experience.
    Through Knowledge, Practice, and Experience
    we gain Wisdom.

-Boj-Vaati Mau
    Jedi Sentinel, Jar'Kai practitioner,
    and Instctor at Strafe Plains Temple

Saber Guild: Strafe Plains Temple
    The Rebel Legion

Dag..I thought I already posted on this thread.

DM...IMO this is the best one yet. I really like what you brought to the Ahsoka style on this one for sure.

Thank you Crystal. I really love the way this one & my Starkiller inspired saber turned out. I just wish I designed these hilts for sound.

Wow, that is really quite impressive. I must admit, I didn't expect to see anything quite so respectable looking when I saw "PVC build"... Big props.

Quote Originally Posted by cshaley View Post
    Wow, that is really quite impressive. I must admit, I didn't expect to see anything quite so respectable looking when I saw "PVC build"... Big props.
    Thanks a lot man, I appreciate it.

That's a great looking saber. Looks like a lot of Ahsoka with a little Quinlan, and Obi added in for good measure. PVC or metal, heck you could have built this thing out of used chewing gum and if it still looked this good it would be an awesome saber. Can't wait to see what you come up with next. =D

You are making me changing my opinion about pvc sabers....impressive