Thread: OT: Star Tours DL44 Blaster Conversions Or Mods?

Default OT: Star Tours DL44 Blaster Conversions Or Mods?

Has anyone done any conversions or mods on the Star Tours DL 44 blasters (available at Disney Hollywood Studios (formerly MGM Studios))?

My sis got me one for my bday (YAY!) and I was just curious what people may have done to theirs if they own one. Was thinking a blaster core, but for now I want to repaint it (it's orange with some black 'weathering'), and give it a red LED in the muzzle.
    Momma in law: If this printer keeps printing the same thing I'm going to spit nickles!

Me: if you start spitting nickles I'm coming over with a bucket!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Unfortunately, like most Hasbro toys like these, it's also glued together, at the seams, so you're going to have to cut it open. That includes the scope.

I was going to try a conversion on one, but the seams looked pretty crappy once I got it open. I ended up just taking the sound board out to put into my converted Nerf Recon that I did.

Do-Clo did one of these a few years ago, but he machined a new flash hider out of aluminum and I think he may have made a new scope, too.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Hmmm, I appreciate that feedback JLO!
    I will have to be super careful when prying this bad boy apart, so I may leave it for last after my second saber and mando style armor.

Thankfully I have some time off soon where I can work on all this Gotta get it all done before August! Won't have much time after that!
    Momma in law: If this printer keeps printing the same thing I'm going to spit nickles!

Me: if you start spitting nickles I'm coming over with a bucket!