Thread: Curved Metal Hilts

Default Curved Metal Hilts

Hello again.

I was wondering if anyone knew where one could obtain a curved hilt section that fits together with the MHS parts. I know there are adapters to use 1.25 and 1.5 inch sink pipe, and I was looking into getting something from a hardware store and bending it, but that require a blow torch, packing sand into it, and all kinds of fuss.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!

I've used the hilt sleeve with a pipe bender. Course mine have a slight curve to it (45 degrees) and the location is at the pommel.

Darth Animus you can check ebay for a Rainbow Vacuum tube handle. I've read that those should work. I don't remember where I read it, it was a while ago.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I would say get a large pipe bender, bend a 1.5" piece of sinktube to the desired angle, then use 2 1.5" MHS adapters...

that's what I would try anyway...

PVC is great for curved lightsabers... A little heat will do the trick in no time.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I don't know if you can bend something that thin without it crinkling, even if you do something like pack it with sand, first.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

you can use a large pipe bender but yes it will dent the pipe in a bit....you cant really pack it with sand and have no deformity with out the mandrel pipe bender. I have made quite a few exhaust and intercooler systems and I always just got my local performance auto shop/engineer to bend it for me.

Fierfek used 1" mandrel bent copper tube that my local bent for me. They charged me $5 and did it for me on the spot. A lot of people like to help with these kinds of projects tell them what your making.
    Last edited by vctrsone; 03-08-2011 at 05:10 PM.
    }---------------{
    ]-----------------"Fullmerge Benzin"----------------------------------------:Beware of the dark side:--------------------------------------- "Fierfek"--------------------------------[

Yep to thin. get a vac handle. just look up any local stores most central vac systems use a nearly identical handle and r chromed steel and fun under 10 bucks. plus with a bit work on the tube and the 1.25 adapter you can get it to fit.

Go down the electrical supplies aisle at your nearest home improvement store. They have pre-bent electrical conduit in pvc and metal. They should have 45 and 90 degree curves.
    Darth Flatulous

Quote Originally Posted by Ingchao View Post
    Go down the electrical supplies aisle at your nearest home improvement store. They have pre-bent electrical conduit in pvc and metal. They should have 45 and 90 degree curves.
    45 degree you might find too much of a curve depending on where you intend to place switches and have your grip. I have two saber with 45 degree angle and I'm not keen on them so I'm going to get some done with a 20 degree ish curve.

Mine were done by a performance engineer using a mandrel.
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"