Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: star wars movies re-released in 3D in 2012!!!

I certainly hope that the whole film is converted to 3D. I think otherwise it would be a colossal waste of time to even bother converting just a handful of scenes. I'll probably see them all, if merely for the experience. The prequels are downright awful, but some of the effects sequences might be cool to see in 3D. I definitely want to see the originals in the theater though, and even though George will butcher them even more, I still want to see them for the scenes that aren't changed.

But like I said, if only certain sequences are converted to 3D and not the entire films, then that would be such a waste! As for new live action films taking place after Return of the Jedi, it'll never happen. We will likely see more crappy CG cartoons like the Clone Wars turned into feature films.
    Follow Your Bliss

I'm going to go, for love of Star Wars, if not to actually see the other 4 Episodes I didn't see in cinemas.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

What would make it all bearable would be if the deleted scenes were put back in...like the wampa attack scene.........
    Momma in law: If this printer keeps printing the same thing I'm going to spit nickles!

Me: if you start spitting nickles I'm coming over with a bucket!

What's all these talk about another trilogy? I thought Lucas confirmed it was a rumour? To be honest, by the time he is done with he 3d 'remake' of PT and OT, he will be too old to spend another decade to make three SW movies.

I think il tryn get tickets to the premiers and maybe even go in costume haha
    Last edited by vctrsone; 03-06-2011 at 04:57 AM.
    }---------------{
    ]-----------------"Fullmerge Benzin"----------------------------------------:Beware of the dark side:--------------------------------------- "Fierfek"--------------------------------[

I'll definitely go see at least some of them. If the OT comes then I'm going to see them all.

He should just film/make/whatever the Darth Bane trilogy. That's something awesome. Or the TFU movie. I have some books that in the timeline are after ROTJ, and I don't really like them. Good books, yeah, but the Darth Bane Trilogy is much, much better when compared to those.

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by psab keel View Post
    I certainly hope that the whole film is converted to 3D. I think otherwise it would be a colossal waste of time to even bother converting just a handful of scenes. I'll probably see them all, if merely for the experience. The prequels are downright awful, but some of the effects sequences might be cool to see in 3D. I definitely want to see the originals in the theater though, and even though George will butcher them even more, I still want to see them for the scenes that aren't changed.

But like I said, if only certain sequences are converted to 3D and not the entire films, then that would be such a waste! As for new live action films taking place after Return of the Jedi, it'll never happen. We will likely see more crappy CG cartoons like the Clone Wars turned into feature films.
    With these 3D films, the foreground is bought forward so there is depth perception. With the 3D films I've seen, that is most of the effects, with 5-9 pop out at you scenes. Now let me ask you, What scenes do you think would benefit from 3D? Podrace? Could be, planet explosions? may be, Lightsaber duels? probably not.

The podrace might be cool to see, the duel of the fates. The swim to the underwater city might look cool. While I didn't care for the new movies, I really did like the design work behind some of the elements in those films. Naboo looked like a space age Roman city. That was kind of neat.
    Follow Your Bliss

I'd like to see the podrace, underwater scenes, and the battle over Naboo in 3d, personally. 3d explosions/underwater scenes are always fun
    Hey! Visit my deviantArt page!
    http://kai-sabol.deviantart.com/

"Strength isn't power. Power comes from your desire to keep the peace, and your will to fight for it." -Me