Thread: Suggestions for base clone/mando helmet?

Default Suggestions for base clone/mando helmet?

Hi all.
    I just purchased some sintra to start working on some custom armor, and although I could use some to mold into a helmet, I'd like to just purchase a base model, such as the electronic boba fett or one of the existing electronic clone troopers, etc. Granted I am going to mod the heck out of it and all, but as far as an adult head size goes, overall quality, pricing, etc, what would everyone suggest?
    Momma in law: If this printer keeps printing the same thing I'm going to spit nickles!

Me: if you start spitting nickles I'm coming over with a bucket!

as someone who recently modded a fett toy helmet to a troopable bucket

The toy fett helmet is perfect size for your needs as far as the size of the bucket
    There are plenty of places you can get a helmet and mod the heck out of them.

But if you are low on the funds either the ruby 2 peice or the hasbro fett will do you

here are some WIP pics of the one that i am working on

http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/...109102130a.jpg

if you are serious about doing a mod google mandalorian mercs check them out they have full tutorials on everything mando
    Last edited by jin starkiller; 03-02-2011 at 01:17 PM.

Thanks, I really appreciate the feedback!

As its my bday this week, perfect excuse to get a boba helm hehe!
    Momma in law: If this printer keeps printing the same thing I'm going to spit nickles!

my mando is still in the wip phase maybe done by halloween who knows

good luck on the mod

http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/ind...?topic=13291.0 this is the helmet sizing thread on MandoalorianMercs.com. There's enough info in there to sink a ship. I can tell you there's a LOT of difference between the different buckets, so depending on your size you could go any way really. You can always scratch build as well. You planning on joining the Mercs, or is this just for fun?

I'm not sure where my thread reply just went, but basically, this is for just personal costuming.
    It will be a modular design (aka possibly velcro), so that I can xfer it between an armored jedi, mando and possibly tricked out clone configurations.

I ended up ordering the boba helmet, so I'll see how that works out.

The HBF? It'll be a decent size. There's some VERY detailed tutorials on taking one of them to a professional level on the Mercs, so even though you're doing a personal kit, I'd have a look. I do like the idea of being modular though, armoured Jedi are always cool.

I did see the tutorial on dented helmet. The helmet looked fantastic afterwards!