Thread: Are there plans to release conversion kits for the new removable blade Hasbro models?

Default Are there plans to release conversion kits for the new removable blade Hasbro models?

I have an Anakin RotS 2010 Hasbro with the removable blade and I'd very much like to convert it. I've seen the board posts where you can use the existing FX conversion kit by modifying your hilt slightly, since the blade retension screw hole in conversion kit does not line up exactly with the existing hole in the new Hasbro hilt. I was hoping that since the new hilt already has a blade retension screw built into the smaller button, a new conversion kit could be made that makes use of the existing retension screw.

An ideal solution might be replacing the blade retension hole on the existing kit with a larger hole matching the hex screw and add a new hole on the opposite side that lines up with the existing screw hole. Failing that, it might also be useful to have a conversion kit that doesn't have the retension screw hole at all, for those who can drill and tap the holes by themselves.

If there is anything I can do to help, I'd be willing. I used to reverse engineer turbine blades for a living, so I can make whatever measurements you need. I'm new to the whole saber scene, but I'm a big fan of DIY mods and stuff. Had I known about these conversion kits, I might not have bought the removable version, but I've also read that they have better soundboards, so maybe it was for the best.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Tcss is currently working on a 2010 kit right now based off of an empty hilt I sent in.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Thanks CC!

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Yes they do have a different soundboard.. the one in the 2010 removable blade Ani actually says Ani/Vader on it.. lol, also its got a much more mean sounding hum(which you may or may not think is an improvement). It also has an additional sound NOT available on the fixed blade models.. its a glitch type sound(it plays when you try to turn it on without the blade plugged in).. that sound can be used somehow in your project or it can simply be wired permanently so its out of the way if you dont want to bother with it. Anyway I'd say Yes getting ths model is better.. the old ones(some of them) even had plastic pins.. the new Hasbro is actually a great hilt(slightly heavy kindof but ehh). I hope this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by Gin Malinko View Post
    just an added note on this.
    I vote dgdve as the site's motivational speaker. haha
    "Yes Lord Vader, and I too have a gift... for you.."

"There is no good or evil, no black or white.. There is only.. Perspective"

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Also keep in mind that you can't use the pololu boards with the FX boards with removable blades. The polarity is reversed on the new board.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Rhy(as usual is exactly correct) He did extensive testing on this board (long before I would even dare to risk the purchase) for using this board in a different project it does have its drawbacks but for a straight up conversion you dont need to worry about any of that (just be sure you wire the LED correctly) but since you read enough to see the mods for the original (current version) BH to fit, then I'm sure you've seen the wire diags for the new model's soundboard as well (forget where I saw that but its here)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gin Malinko View Post
    just an added note on this.
    I vote dgdve as the site's motivational speaker. haha
    "Yes Lord Vader, and I too have a gift... for you.."

"There is no good or evil, no black or white.. There is only.. Perspective"

Yes, I'm aware about the glitch sound and I've seen the wiring diagrams. I've already taken apart my hilt to compare it with the older models. I just have to go by what I see online though, since this is my first saber and don't have any other ones to compare it to. I'll probably just close that path and disable the glitch sound permanently, unless someone can think of an easy way to wire a blade detection switch into the conversion kit, which given the tight fit, seems unlikely. Anyone know how TCSS plans to implement the retension screw, because I'd much prefer it use the existing screw instead of an additional hex screw.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Foresight View Post
    Anyone know how TCSS plans to implement the retension screw, because I'd much prefer it use the existing screw instead of an additional hex screw.
    Again, I don't know how Tim will wind up making the kit, He may even make the BH have two BR screws...
    What I do know is he will do the best job possible and will impress us once again with his skills.

If you really want to know you can email him and ask.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...