I have an Anakin RotS 2010 Hasbro with the removable blade and I'd very much like to convert it. I've seen the board posts where you can use the existing FX conversion kit by modifying your hilt slightly, since the blade retension screw hole in conversion kit does not line up exactly with the existing hole in the new Hasbro hilt. I was hoping that since the new hilt already has a blade retension screw built into the smaller button, a new conversion kit could be made that makes use of the existing retension screw.

An ideal solution might be replacing the blade retension hole on the existing kit with a larger hole matching the hex screw and add a new hole on the opposite side that lines up with the existing screw hole. Failing that, it might also be useful to have a conversion kit that doesn't have the retension screw hole at all, for those who can drill and tap the holes by themselves.

If there is anything I can do to help, I'd be willing. I used to reverse engineer turbine blades for a living, so I can make whatever measurements you need. I'm new to the whole saber scene, but I'm a big fan of DIY mods and stuff. Had I known about these conversion kits, I might not have bought the removable version, but I've also read that they have better soundboards, so maybe it was for the best.