Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Starkiller inspired saber

Looks great! So did you build the bunny ears?
    Yub Yub Commander.

Awesome, give it sound though.
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthammer View Post
    Looks great! So did you build the bunny ears?
    Thanks guys. Yes I did make the bunny ears. I bought a piece of thin aluminium cut it to size, bent it in a u shape, dremeled a couple of slots in the shroud & pushed it though. I then took a pair of dykes & bent the ends.

Quote Originally Posted by bk_renesis View Post
    Awesome, give it sound though.
    I'm really mad that I didn't design this hilt for sound. I built this hilt before I figured out how to put sound in my hilts. I really don't have a place for a speaker. The same thing for my next pvc hilt I'm going to finish. I designed it before I figured out sound.

i was actually going to ask about the bunny ears too.
    i'm working on my own starkiller (as time permits) and that's one place i'm still not sure how to tackle.

where did you get the aluminum?
    can you give a bit more of a 'how-to for dummies' detail on what you did?

amazing job by the way.

Wow that is really kool, I just finished a basic one with sound for a friends grandchild and now I am moving on to one with recharge, batt lvl LED indicator, antivandal switch, and upgraded speaker for the basic sound. I am not looking forward to routing all that wire, I will seriously need to take my time!LOL Good job on the aged look! Oh yeah about your sound what about smaller but good quality speakers inside... IE two mounted outward in the hilt, so they fire opposite eachother. I found some really kool small spaekers at a high end electronics store that would work, mounting would take some creativity but it could work. Just a thought. I would love to see that thing with sound!!!! Hey did I see right Petite Croutons are on sale again?
    Last edited by JRD1; 03-06-2011 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_a* View Post
    i was actually going to ask about the bunny ears too.
    i'm working on my own starkiller (as time permits) and that's one place i'm still not sure how to tackle.

where did you get the aluminum?
    can you give a bit more of a 'how-to for dummies' detail on what you did?

amazing job by the way.
    Thank you Ghost. Here's how I did the bunny ears For pvc hilts. I bought a strip of aluminum from True Value hardware. It's 1/16th " thick.

I made a template out of a piece of thin cardboard, & traced it our on the aluminum & cut it out. It's 5/8" wide.

Now without actually making one. I'll use the template for a demo. I bent the aluminum in a U shape. (The template didn't really keep its shape)

I cut two slits in the pvc with a worn down dremel cutting wheel. & pushed the bunny ears through. I also had to sand down a bit of the hilt to allow for the bunny ears to fit. I also bent the ends slightly with a pair of dyke's or you could use pliers.

I hope this helps.

Thank you JR. Those speakers sound interesting. PM me, let me know where you found them. Thanks.

Another great job! That weathering looks awesome!
    This Jedi Ranger has a name....Terek Kelrune. Don't forget it.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Nice saber.

I'm hoping that it's the angle of the photo that's making your LED and lens assembly look off-center.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    Nice saber.

I'm hoping that it's the angle of the photo that's making your LED and lens assembly look off-center.
    No, There is a set screw pushing it into the side of the hilt. If you make your BR screw aligned with the set screw holding the LED assembly in place there are no illumination problems whatsoever.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...