Thread: SPST Illuminated AV Switch question...?

Default SPST Illuminated AV Switch question...?

All right, I've spent about an hour searching around on the forums, and I've found plenty of info on how to wire a DPDT latching AV switch, but not much at all about the SPST illuminated momentary switch with the four "prongs" on the bottom. The diagram in the store shows which prongs are LED+ and LED-.
    Now I am I right in assuming that those prongs (with the appropriate resistor of course) are for powering the LED inside the switch and the other two would (in my case at least) be going to the the 2010 Obi econo-board to turn it on and off? I want to make sure before I fry or otherwise frak up my switch... Thanks in advance!

You are correct in your assumption. Good luck with your build.

There is a simple math formula for Saber names.-----------------------To check out the sound fonts I've made:
    ((Force-Dark Side)xEnglish^awesome)/Force)xLanguage[X].---------http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthXusia1/videos
    Quote from mihunai----------------------------------------------------------If you are interested in any of them, please PM me.

That would be absolutely correct.
    The LED prongs are for powering the LED & the other 2 are for the switch. Don't forget the resistor on the LED. (I've personally "tested" and fried one by not putting the resistor in).
    If you wire it correctly, when you turn "on" the switch the LED will go on, and off when you turn the switch off.
    Yub Yub Commander.

Thanks for the quick replies! And Knighthammer, I do believe I will get the switch LED to turn on when the main LED is on by wiring the switch LED in parallel with the main LED. That much at least I learned from my forum crawling this morning...heh heh. Thanks again!