Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 3 more from eastern57

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Default 3 more from eastern57

3 more from eastern57

Vid of all 3:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0qx7VM7ljw

First one is a Luke ROTJ. In the same general style as my v2 (i.e. 1" neck and 7/8" blade). Switches came from an old saber called Newbie, CF v3. Custom pommel by Tim From TCSS.

P.s. if you want to do one yourself, it's really easy. You'll have to chop the female threads off a standard ribbed section, and cut 2 extra rings off another MHS ribbed section, and mount them on a TCSS Maul conversion kit. Here's the diagram to get the neck emitter mods done. oh, and you can get 1" aluminium tube from any hardware store, Ace HW, TRUvalue, etc.

Another Barriss offee from the Gendy Tartakovsky CNCW shorts. No hole in the side, but I got a way to do the poor man's motion activations. Mostly Scratch built, very comfortable to hold. 7/8" blade, CF V3, brass accents. happiness

Badakin. Ani ROTS variant. Rebel blue - love it. Arm on Fire Blade Holder. Interchangeable "ears" made from a TCSS box1. CF V3. uber comfy.

Hope you likes!

Way to think outside of the box! Box 1 that is... Nah seriously though awesome builds. Too good!
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

Wow... just wow NICE job on that neck.. (but to be fair I always expect you to think outside the box) Another great series from the master yep yep
    Quote Originally Posted by Gin Malinko View Post
    just an added note on this.
    I vote dgdve as the site's motivational speaker. haha
    "Yes Lord Vader, and I too have a gift... for you.."

"There is no good or evil, no black or white.. There is only.. Perspective"

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

Great builds, nice and streamline. I like the extra long slide switch. I agree with you, I have never been a big fan the control boxes. They seem too bulky and get in the way. If I ever do use one, I will put it towards the pommel, and topside. Good Job!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Thanks guys!

Look'n good!
    Yub Yub Commander.

Nice work Eastern!

One question though. I was able to find a 1 Inch O.D. tube at my local hardware store for my thin neck sabers, but in order to hold a 7/8 " blade, I need to add a shim. Does the tube you bought at ACE hardware have an exact I.D. of 7/8 " ?

Thanks, Psab
    Follow Your Bliss

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yep, ID is actually 0.884". I got a lot from an Ace. It's aluminium "tube" - not "pipe". It should be colored at the ends and sold individually, next to aluminium angle and/or aluminium channel, etc.

Wow, nice work on the Luke. It looks like it but different, in a great way. Best Luke from MHS parts I've seen!

Thanks for the quick response. I'll have to head over to Ace (just a short drive a few towns over) and see if I can get my hands on this!
    Follow Your Bliss