Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is this all I need?

Default Is this all I need?

Okay, I've never built a saber before and I'm just trying to figure out what I need to order.

This is my current list and I was just wondering what I else I may need.

---

LED Saber -

Blade-
    Complete LED Blade - $29.99
    12 Colored Discs - $1.00

Electronics-
    LED Basic Electronics Kit - $18.19

Hilt-
    Screw on LED Blade Holder (style 7) - $23.95
    Double threaded hilt (style 1) - $23.00
    MHS Rib Extension - $16.43
    Screw on Pommel (style 3) - $7.99

Total - $120.55

Extra -

Sound-
    MR FX Sound Module - $45.00

Total - $165.55

---

I didn't see a thumb screw included in any of the kits, should I add one or is it included in the LED Blade kit?

Also, is the blade already drilled and tapped or will I need to do that myself?

Thanks a ton!

-Naki

You'll also need a TCSS Mug and Wall mount.

[]

Edit: You will need to get a thumb screw, Tim can drill and tap it for you if you want.

And you do not need to drill your blade. In fact many here advise against it.

Have you read your Thread Index today?
    FAQ
    Official Designated TCSS Jester!

the blade doesnt get drilled and tapped the blade holder does. []

I DONT KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!....LOUD NOISES!!!
    www.starwarscustoms.bravehost.com

Thanks guys! I added a #10-32 thumb screw to my list, hope that one's okay.

I'm still a bit unsure as to where exactly this gets put, but if Tim will screw/tap it I'm sure it'll be easy to find once it arrives.

Just make sure you add the tap service to your order and he will have you all set.

<center></center>

Hmmm, I just noticed some of the things I need are out of stock right now. If I order will they be shipped to me at a later date or something?

If something is out of stock then you can't add it to the cart so that would not be an issue.

I am guessing that your doing a white blade so you can do color changes and you are referring to the discs. I would e-mail Tim to get a guesstimate on when they will be back in stock. Tim doesn't really like to have customers held up with out of stock items but e-mailing him directly would be the best thing to do[]

<center></center>

Okay, cool. I actually changed my mind about the discs and I'm putting in an amber LED, but the complete LED blade is out of stock. I'll try e-mailing him later.

Well I'm going to place my order either tonight or tomorrow, but I have one more question.

Does anybody know how bright the Amber leds are? I was just wondering how it shows up in daylight or a lit room.

The amber led is bright but in direct sunlight no led really shows good. In a normally lit room it will be good and if the room is dim it will look great. Green seems to be the brightest color because our eyes see it the best.

<center></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Darth Technous Sith Lord</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Give yourself to the Dark Side</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>