Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What batteries to use for in hilt recharge for new PC-L ???

Default What batteries to use for in hilt recharge for new PC-L ???

Hello, Ok so I looked at the tutorials and they say to use Li ion protected cells when making a recharge pack for in hilt recharge. TCSS has some batteries for sale ( others out of stock ) But the ones they do have ( 1st link below ) are protected but it says should be charged outside of the hilt. Then the other kind wich are sold out ( second link below ) says the are not protected and are good to use with recharge pack. ???? I dont know what to do. If anyone could just tell me What kind of batteries would be the best to use for the in hilt recharge for the PC-L that would be great. A list of parts needed to make this wouldnt hurt either. : )

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Tr...Pack-P342.aspx

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Li...0mAh-P480.aspx

The PC is optimized to work best with Li-ion batteries, and if you want to charge them in the hilt, then get the Tenergy un-protected cells and a pcb and make a pack yourself. It's not hard to do. KIt can also be run on either 7.4volts, or 3.7 volts, depending on you're main led. you can get everytihng you'll need here, except for heatshrink tubing that will fit over the batteries to hold them together, and insulate them from the inside of the saber hilt.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

I have quite a collection of protected and IMR 18650's for my electronic cigarette mods. I'd like to make my first saber with an internal pack running two of the 3000mAh protected batts I have and set it up to be chargeable through the hilt. What battery box do I need? Is there a tutorial for what I'm looking to do?

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

since there's a lack of a tutorial for Li-Ion batteries with pictures currently, i'll have to put one together soon.

IndustrialAction, as for your question specifically, what do you mean by box? unless you do some cutting in the MHS parts, you can't fit 2 18650's side by side. to use 2 of them i would recommend building a stick pack. as for boxes, i've always used either high temp tape or battery pack heatshrink.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

If your thinking of these boxes;
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/4A...lder-P133.aspx
    I have thought of that and asked. I was told if I was it making in-hilt rechargeable, to just make a pack. You will have more room without it anyway. As for a tutorial, the only one I could find is;
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...l+battery+pack

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight

and that's a good tutorial to start from. i'll just have to add in the Li-Ion PCB stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    It can also be run on either 7.4volts, or 3.7 volts, depending on you're main led.
    So this board will run on a solo 18650 or PCB'd 14500? I read you used a solo 18650 for CS-35, but the spec @ the store says a minimum of 4.5v.

I still have a lot to learn myself in the electronics side of things but this sounds similar to the info on US2.5. You could/can run them with LUX3s or P4s and a 3.7v Li ion, but LEDs that consume more power will need more juice. Most boards seem to need roughly 1v plus whatever the LED requires. The big difference in how boards handle power supply is how they regulate the excess voltage. I would like to here more specifics about this myself though.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight

the main LEDs that take 2.5V or there abouts can use a single Li-Ion cell to power the PC-L. anything more and you'll need to use a 7.4V pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Azmaria Dei View Post
    the main LEDs that take 2.5V or there abouts can use a single Li-Ion cell to power the PC-L. anything more and you'll need to use a 7.4V pack.
    I have a PC-U that powers a p4 red and two 14650 or 14xxx I forgot. Anyway I am guessing that this board regulates the current needed and wont heat up even if the voltage is way higher from your batteries.