Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Getting Ready to Make my First Built Saber

Hi Liz;

I you need a hand working on your saber, let me know. I kinda need something to do right now since waiting is hard to do. I will give you a PM with my numbers.

Zhi-don Aquintas
    XO RL Sunrider Base
    Treasurer/Head Instructor
    Lightsaber training OCSWS

I'll echo the flashlight double usefullness there, as I work in the technology department for a local school district and am often crawling around in small attics to run cat5e cable my saber hilt has come in handy many times. Plus i get some really nifty reactions when i am sporting a saber on a covertec clip as i pass through a classroom full of elementary kids. Many laughs, ooooooooooooo's and aaaaaaaaaaaaaah's were had.

Heh, the lightsaber is now an official work tool lol.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Jedi-Loreen

<font size="3"><font color="purple">I was thinking about doing the same kind of set up. I already have the parts, though I have a Mace sound board and have to figure out how to make that work, since it runs on 6 batteries. Ultra says it can be done with 4.</font id="purple"></font id="size3">
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Isn't the mace fx saber just 6 batteries for longer life? I had assumed it was still a 4.5v setup... am I wrong?

MC

You want to go home and re-think your life

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Madcow

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Jedi-Loreen

<font size="3"><font color="purple">I was thinking about doing the same kind of set up. I already have the parts, though I have a Mace sound board and have to figure out how to make that work, since it runs on 6 batteries. Ultra says it can be done with 4.</font id="purple"></font id="size3">

Isn't the mace fx saber just 6 batteries for longer life? I had assumed it was still a 4.5v setup... am I wrong?

MC

Correct the 6 battery setups are still 4.5V. They just paralleled them for some reason... EL hold over probably.

It will work on 6V though too.

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

Thanks,
    Still waiting for Do-Clo to test what the LED output of one of those MR boards is. Maybe I should suck it ups and get a decent Multitester.

MC

You want to go home and re-think your life