Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: First Build need a check up :)

Default First Build need a check up :)

Hello everyone, im finally going to start my first build after lurking the boards for forever. I tried to learn as much as i could from reading around and just want to make sure i have my bases covered.

Main body pieces:
    Screw on LED blade holder style 19
    MHS choke style 1 short
    5" Fluted double female threaded connector
    MHS choke style 1 short
    MPS Pommel style 7
    (I'm Planning on drilling my own switch hole and tapping it)

Blade:
    1" Thin walled Trans White PolyC 40" long (36 inches +$0.50)
    Shouldered 1" thin walled blade tip with reflective disc
    Blade film (Single wrap, 1" Thin walled)

LED/Electronics:
    Luxeon Collimator Lens 8.7 deg viewing angle
    Luxeon Rebel Lens Holder
    Luxeon Rebel Star (Green)
    Heat Sink shim for Rebel stars
    BuckPuck 700mA 4-wire (is it possible to swap this for the 1000mA version for brighter blade?)
    DPDT Momentary green illuminated switch
    Bezel for illuminated switches
    150ohm 1/4w resistor (for switch led)
    4AAA battery holder
    Speaker mount.
    Premium Speaker
    Econo soundboard

Edited list.

Some things i'm concerned about and not sure of are firstly will everything fit? Will that battery setup be able to supply enough/too much voltage? And what Hasbro Econo boards are the best eg. obi, vader, windu?

And here is a pic of what i want it to look like
    Attachment 4912
    Last edited by crobemeister; 02-24-2011 at 12:58 PM.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

1000ma will make the LED brigher... so yes, get the 1000ma buckpuck.

It will be a tight fit for all your electronics... so, yes you could in theory fit everything... but it will be tight. The 4AAA battery holder will only fit in the DF extension... so I don't know how you are going to work that out.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

The ID on the ribbed extention+choke combo is too small for it? Good to know haha, thats fine though i can swap that out for another section. Instead of the ribbed ext + choke ill do another #2 choke, 4" extention, and a double male adapter. That brings the total length to 12.4"
    Last edited by crobemeister; 02-23-2011 at 05:41 PM.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

where are you going to put the speaker and are you going to use a premium speaker holder? the holder is fairly large 0 if you're wanting it between the pommel and the choke, it won't fit, but it should fit between the choke and the rest fairly well but i think you'll need a trim ring or something to space it out like a pommel does - the threads on a pommel are shorter than other parts for the holders. that could give you some interesting sound from the resonance space too.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Could the speaker rest securely in between the pommel and choke with the wires running through the choke to the board? Or would it be best to get the speaker holder and attach it to the batter pack and have it after the choke? So with the trim ring the speaker will kind of be resting on the lip of it?

Thanks for the replies.
    Last edited by crobemeister; 02-23-2011 at 06:15 PM.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight

i highly recommend using a speaker holder. otherwise you'll need to come up with something to hold the speaker in and it can flop around a lot.

trim rings are under Adapters/Misc towards the middle. they add a bit of flair and can space things out just a hair if you need to. not for all spots though - and paint will get in the way too. i've put a speaker mount between a choke and a double female part and i used a trim ring to get the spacing just right.

here's one of the 5 trim rings. http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Trim-Ring-1-P531.aspx

Ah ok i see thank you and yeah that looks good. So i'll basically have all my electronics after that choke, in the two extention pieces.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight

Quote Originally Posted by crobemeister View Post
    Ah ok i see thank you and yeah that looks good. So i'll basically have all my electronics after that choke, in the two extention pieces.
    on the note of the extensions, why not just use 1 longer extension and not worry about the adapter?

Quote Originally Posted by Azmaria Dei View Post
    on the note of the extensions, why not just use 1 longer extension and not worry about the adapter?
    Thats a good point haha. Although i do kinda like the look of half the main body smooth and the back half with grooves or something. But it is cheaper your way. Also im still not quite clear on what the trim ring will do for me. Does it just give me a little more space to put stuff? Or will it actually lock the speaker in place?

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight

Quote Originally Posted by crobemeister View Post
    Thats a good point haha. Although i do kinda like the look of half the main body smooth and the back half with grooves or something. But it is cheaper your way. Also im still not quite clear on what the trim ring will do for me. Does it just give me a little more space to put stuff? Or will it actually lock the speaker in place?
    it'll work 2 fold. it'll space the parts out just a hair, and that spacing will lock that speaker holder in place. one thing i just thought of though - the trim rings don't work with choke 2. you need a lip there for it to hang into and that choke doesn't have one.