Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Clean version Starkiller saber build idea

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

He does have a US 2.5 in a saber, but he said in the Chatbox it's not working right now and he needs to rewire it. So he's had some experience with sound boards.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

I did save the online manuel for the PC so I'm good. And I might do my own Graflex like design. I could atleast do a small window cutout. I will be getting the sinktubes tomorrow but I'm open to ideas for a hilt design. And, my bro would be able to wire the soundboard for me because he helped me with us2.5 and he did it pretty good, he understands that kinda stuff quickly. I think the only part that would be hard for me is getting the S shape in the emittor. I will post pics once I get the hilt shaped.

It's pretty easy to get the S shaped emitter. Just Google Graflex template and you should be able to find a printable design to wrap around whatever you decide to use for your shroud. Then just cut around the template.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

yeah those templates are all over and i think a few are even here - just print it out to scale on graph paper, tape it on, and cut away. i think Wade has one pre-saved somewhere if you can catch him.

also, the thing that pissed me off was that you came to the chat box, asked my opinion, then got mad when it wasn't exactly what you wanted to hear. why did you even ask my opinion in the first place?
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Quote Originally Posted by Azmaria Dei View Post
    just print it out to scale on graph paper, tape it on, and cut away.
    Personally I like to use a glue stick to hold my template's on. I always had troubles with taped down template's sliding around once I started cutting and the edges coming up on me. Then when you're done just peel off the paper and rinse the piece in a little warm water to get rid of any excess residue.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

Quote Originally Posted by Azryel View Post
    Personally I like to use a glue stick to hold my template's on. I always had troubles with taped down template's sliding around once I started cutting and the edges coming up on me. Then when you're done just peel off the paper and rinse the piece in a little warm water to get rid of any excess residue.
    i know a lot of people use spray adhesive, and i've used it to apply felt to things before, but since i can't seem to find it over here in japan and really shouldn't use it in government quarters anyway... ^_^ tape is the option i've gone with for now.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

While spray adhesive is a perfectly viable solution, I actually use good old fashion Elmer's glue sticks.

I'm getting stuff on Saturday because we are going to be having ANOTHER snow storm the next two days. D< Getting really tired of the snow. And what would the best way to hold the 1.25 blade holder in place? I'm just gonna use 1.25 sinktubes for everything, but I might go for the industrial grade sinktubes so its stronger. And I do have a design in mind so, yeah. You will see Saturday.

2 button head screws....I've only used them once but found I didn't need to tap them. Just trace the hole pattern and transfer it to drill the sinktube.

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

I have been working on my first build since Oct/Nov. I have gone through 3 sink tubes, They just buckled. All I was cutting out is the black part in my sig. Once I noticed the sleeve material, I scraped the sink tube. I t will be a lot better in the long run. Don't get discouraged, if it takes you a year, it takes you a year. I was buying a piece here, a piece there. That is even more expensive, having to pay shipping each time.