Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Clean version Starkiller saber build idea

Default Clean version Starkiller saber build idea

What all would I need for a clean version of a Starkiller build? Its going to have no weathering, some wires will be showing for personal taste. Any other ideas would be helpful. Like what size sinktubes should I use for this build? I'm going to try and atlast get parts for the hilt tomorrow. I will post updates on the progress.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I would spend some time in the TCSS designer.

I would think to use MHS parts cut an extension for the crstal chamber, and then use the sleeve material to achieve the level of polish you desire.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Sinktube is cheaper for me for now. I have an idea of how to shape the lightsaber just not sure on how many rods to get for the chamber.

I'm getting this saber prepped for Petit Crouton for the next batch. Thats why I asked for info on parts for a Starkiller saber. I know how to cut the shapes just not sure on the other small parts to get. I don't need a resistor for the Petit Crouton right? I'm getting a P4 red for the saber.

Ok. I found out how many rods are used for inside of the hilt. I just need to know the length to cut the rods and the two hilt halves and also where to obtain a glass eye and the red button part since TCSS hardly has any Graflex parts anymore. Thanks. Oh and also to hold the crystal in place too. And that'll about do it unless I'm missing anything. The electronics will be awhile but I can atleast get the hilt made this week.
    Last edited by Jedi-Loreen; 02-22-2011 at 08:27 PM.

You should have just edited your first post rather than Triple post.

Edit: Ah, I see J-Lo merged your posts.
    Last edited by ecko; 02-22-2011 at 08:36 PM.
    ~S~
    "My inner child lets my outer adult pay bills and that's it." - Crystal Chambers
    "Art is never finished, only abandoned." - da Vinci
    "If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was" - Pemmin

I highly recommend using MHS sleeve, it's not that expensive really and will look way better. Otherwise I would cut a double female extention in two and use sinktube or preferably 1.25" OD aluminum tubing inside the MHS to achieve the layering. Sinktube doesn't have enough thickness to give you a sturdy thread and the threads can get damaged easily. especially if yuo have to take it a part a few times in the build process.

I believe we discussed before that LED holders can be used to sandwich your crystal.

I will see into that. But I'm not really sure on how to put together the mhs sleeve. Thats why I was going to use sinktubes.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

What ecko said about your posts.

Please use the Edit button when your posts are so close together in time like that. Do Not double or triple post. I merged your 3 post together.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jedimastergarcia87 View Post
    Sinktube is cheaper for me for now. I have an idea of how to shape the lightsaber just not sure on how many rods to get for the chamber.

I'm getting this saber prepped for Petit Crouton for the next batch. Thats why I asked for info on parts for a Starkiller saber. I know how to cut the shapes just not sure on the other small parts to get. I don't need a resistor for the Petit Crouton right? I'm getting a P4 red for the saber.

Ok. I found out how many rods are used for inside of the hilt. I just need to know the length to cut the rods and the two hilt halves and also where to obtain a glass eye and the red button part since TCSS hardly has any Graflex parts anymore. Thanks. Oh and also to hold the crystal in place too. And that'll about do it unless I'm missing anything. The electronics will be awhile but I can atleast get the hilt made this week.
    This will probably sound a little harsh...

Sinktube is cheaper (by~$4) and you are going to drop $125 for a PC? The MHS sleeve material is way stronger! And you need all the strength you can get if you are making a SK saber.

If you are asking does the PC need to use a resistor... You may not be ready for a PC yet.

You can purchase the glass eye on ebay.

for a crystal chamber... do some searching. There are LOTS of threads on that particular topic.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Eh. I think I'm done with saber building. Its way too expensive and I'm tired of the doubting. If I were to read the manuel for PC I might be able to understand how to wire everything up. It only took me awhile to understand how to wire up US2.5. I'm not a pro so quit flamming me with all these bashes. I just want to get to understand everything so I can get eveything done right. Thats why I ask questions alot. Sorry to sound moody. I haven't been in the led sae world that long so, yeah. I just wouldn't really know how to cut the mhs sleeve into shape. Plus like I said I would have a way to make a strong sinktube Starkiller saber. This is why I haven't really attempted to do a new build or post anything because of the doubt. But I just want to atleast try and make a Starkiller saber from sinktubes. I already have that part planned out.

I am quite new to the saber crafting as well. I worked with a "Joe Jedi" board first and I fried it haha! So having everything worked out is key for sure. As far as how you build it, weather you use a sink tube pvc pipe or copper tube, it's up to you. I would take advice from the pros tho, it's not an easy task. Sounds like you have a plan though and that's a start. Either way you look at it, to me it seems like a Starkiller saber will be costly no matter what. Just make sure you have everything in order and be ready for mistakes because no matter what, you will make some, just be ready for the "I told you so" haha! =/
    Do research and then do more research! < No matter what you won't know enough till you try.